Finally! Found The Fly Reel I Wanted (Hopefully)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I've been looking for a Scierra Traxion 1 LW #2/4 for some time. It seems as if stock has depleted since the start of the covid business and they weren't common in the US before that.

Some places have larger sizes in stock but I haven't seen this size for almost a year. I finally found a shop in Ireland that had one and they ship to the US!

At least, hopefully they actually have it in stock. They took my order and haven't cancelled it yet. I haven't got shipping confirmation yet though. I've got my fingers crossed and have sacrificed a chicken (okay so actually I ordered a bucket of KFC which is essentially the same thing) in hopes I actually get the thing.

You really can't beat Scierra fly reels for quality and performance vs price, IMO. I wish they were easier to get in the US. Cabela's carried them years ago which is how I found out about them.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I've been looking for a Scierra Traxion 1 LW #2/4 for some time. It seems as if stock has depleted since the start of the covid business and they weren't common in the US before that.

Some places have larger sizes in stock but I haven't seen this size for almost a year. I finally found a shop in Ireland that had one and they ship to the US!

At least, hopefully they actually have it in stock. They took my order and haven't cancelled it yet. I haven't got shipping confirmation yet though. I've got my fingers crossed and have sacrificed a chicken (okay so actually I ordered a bucket of KFC which is essentially the same thing) in hopes I actually get the thing.

You really can't beat Scierra fly reels for quality and performance vs price, IMO. I wish they were easier to get in the US. Cabela's carried them years ago which is how I found out about them.

Nice! Hopefully it works out for you! Just picked up a couple of new reels myself!

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I've received notice from An Post that my package left County Tipperary, made it to County Laois, was sorted, and has left that facility.

So good so far! Now just waiting and hoping customs doesn't do something silly.

For the fly fishers:

TRAXION 1 LW​

• Machine cut from 1 block of 6061 grade aluminum
• Extreme lightweight design (97g)
• Smooth micro adjustable drag system
• Water tight drag system
• U-shaped spool
• Line guard on handle side
• Neoprene reel pouch included

61460_detail_1.jpg

gatorhazard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2020
Nice! I am going to be fly fishing with my dad and son in a little bit here, cannot wait, its been far too long. I love fly fishing, best way ever to trout fish.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
A fly rod and reel are on the list to purchase at some point. I think I found my new reel!
I found it here:

Even shipped from Ireland it was still (just) under $100 USD total.

If you look around you can find some of the larger sizes easier.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Which recalls that the late great Forums member fish'n'banjo was an ardent collector of high-end fly rods, along with artisan and many other kinds of tobacco pipes.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I don't know of any current import/retail chain for US distribution but even everywhere I was looking in Europe was out of stock as well. I'm assuming current world conditions account for this.

For whatever reason it took until recently for this supplier to show up in my internet searches.

Status
Not open for further replies.