PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Packing a bowl is not something that I give a great deal of thought yet I can't recall the last time I packed a bad bowl.
I'm wary of trying any new method because then I'd have to concentrate [and therefore probably stuff it up]

Like most newbies packing a bowl 'just right' consistently took some time.
Not sure when I was able to pack while on cruise control but at some point it just all fell into place.

Some blends are gravity fed. The first pinch of a ribbon cut often needs a gentle prod with a pipe pick to push it down without compressing it. Flakes need to be gently rubbed just a little and also poked with a pick.

With all the required practice that it takes to get there, maybe it's a sign that I smoke too much. :LOL:

Jun 25, 2021
England
Absolutely amazing. I have to admit that when I saw the video I was sceptical, and thought it was a lot of faffing around. How wrong I was. in fact what I've been doing all these years is faffing around.
I sliced up and pulled apart some Brown No 4 rope, and ended up with quite a pile, which I thought would never fit in my pipe. I thought what the heck and decided to use this palm method, and the pipe just gobbled the whole lot up. And the draw ? Perfect.