PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've been pipe smoking for 5 yrs now. I tried multitudes of blends during the first 3 yrs. Most were either codger or non aromatics.

I had been rolling cigarettes but was convinced that the paper was causing me to cough. I went and got a cob and smoked it as if it were a cig until I discovered this forum.

Sure, initially I tried an aromatic or two or three, I'll admit to that. I even bought at least 3# of P&C's Best of the Rest during the 'early years'. I tried lots 'o stuff from straight perique to Penzance and so many more that would break the bank if I were to have continued smoking those hard to get or pricier blends.
I probably got my first real good taste out of a bowl of SWR and its just weird. Actually, I felt predisposed to like it, so that helped. (I know, mso489, you don't get any taste from it, you do with the aromatic but that's a whole 'nuther 'animal'.
Anyway, limited blends are now how I roll. I limit myself primarily to 3 blends from D&R. They are all terrific standing alone and they play with each other like seasoned band mates. 3 Sails, TwoTimer, Picayune. Get some. It's dry, ya. so what? you can hydrate it or not. I don't. So, we're tawkin a nice VA blend, a nice Burley blend, and a STRONG blend with enough perique to enliven the other two if the desire is such. All for about $2.50 per 2oz. tin's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.