PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
I picked up these little pipes & rack today when I stopped in to see my friend who owns an antique consignment shop.
Left to right is a little Yelo-Bole that needs a bit of polishing, a little Peterson that needs minor stem polishing, and a Sir Allred that needs minor stem polishing.
Question is, who makes the Sir Allred? I can find no information about this one.
IMAG0396_zpse43a8d47.jpg

Edit: Corrected capitalization in title per Rule #9. L.

Number Nine, Number Nine, Number Nine

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Ahhhh...after pulling out the 10x magnification I realized that the tag on the pipe was wrong. The second "l" in Allred is really a weak "f" because it is really a Sir Alfred pipe.

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
I agree the Peterson is sweet !!!!!

I have never seen one like that before.

Nice score.

mike73

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2013
I would have to agree with the others, that Peterson is a looker. Grats on the score!

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Thank you sablebrush, I can't even find what you found. Best I came up with was a Sir Alfred bent apple that sold on ebay for $11.50 by a seller who is not a pipe expert.
Timely, when I was looking at the little Peterson Calabash, I was seriously thinking you would probably like this style. Go figure. :lol:

timely

Jan 23, 2012
You are sooo right, I do like the pipe very much.

Thanks for thinking of me.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Sir Alfred pipes are extremely rare, they are pipes that Dunhill made specifically for Alfred Dunhill himself. Dunhill collectors all over the world pay huge amounts of money for them, starting at around 5k per pipe.
By the way, did I mention, I also have a bridge for sale? :lol:

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Sir Alfred pipes are extremely rare, they are pipes that Dunhill made specifically for Alfred Dunhill himself. Dunhill collectors all over the world pay huge amounts of money for them, starting at around 5k per pipe.
By the way, did I mention, I also have a bridge for sale?
ROFLOL

ebuyer32

Lurker
Oct 23, 2013
hi Folks,

I am in the market for a Peterson shape 80 (bent bulldog) silver spigot with cumberland stem. preferably a blast but a smooth would do as well. Let me know if you know anyone who is selling. None of the major Peterson Distributors has it. Thanks. Hank

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
ebuyer, you probably would get better exposure & response if you start your own looking for thread. Not likely anyone will look upon this thread with something to sell or trade. Except for maybe Harris & his bridge :nana:
Roth, you may notice (quite obvious) that the shellac on the pipe I got is cracking. When I took a close look, someone had sanded it down before. They didn't use a fine enough grit AND removed a lot of the stamping. It looks like the stem was sanded too...again only halfass and not polished well. When they applied new shellac they even got it on the stem! I have all the shellac off using a cloth & alcohol. Either this weekend or next weekend I'll have the pipe & stem shining like new WITHOUT using a shellac or even varnish.

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
By the way, did I mention, I also have a bridge for sale?
Is this the same bridge you were selling a while back in the Buy/Sell/Trade is Back thread or did you get another one?

~Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.