Festivus: Let the Airing of Grievances Begin!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I'm a terrible procrastinator, and as a result, I have no aluminum pole. Festivus will be sorely lacking this year.

Excited for this year's Feats of Strength. I want to see @Chasing Embers clench a 300 lb. meer with a bowl perfectly sculpted to resemble Frank Costanza. :)
Considering my largest is only 7 ounces, I doubt they have blocks big enough to make one that heavy. The stuffs like heavy Styrofoam.

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
I'm a terrible procrastinator, and as a result, I have no aluminum pole. Festivus will be sorely lacking this year.

Excited for this year's Feats of Strength. I want to see @Chasing Embers clench a 300 lb. meer with a bowl perfectly sculpted to resemble Frank Costanza. :)
1640283280990.jpeg
I like it.

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
Had to look that up. I don't celebrate festivus.?‍♂️ Didn't even know it was a thing until this thread.
It’s up there as one of my all time fave Seinfeld episodes. Especially the part when Frank stands up and declares, “I’VE GOT A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH YOU PEOPLE, AND YOU’RE GONNA HEAR ABOUT IT!” Or something like that.

In fact, I called my folks and said the same thing to them just this morning.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
It’s up there as one of my all time fave Seinfeld episodes. Especially the part when Frank stands up and declares, “I’VE GOT A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH YOU PEOPLE, AND YOU’RE GONNA HEAR ABOUT IT!” Or something like that.

In fact, I called my folks and said the same thing to them just this morning.
I love when Jerry Stiller forgets his lines soon after that: "You couldn't smooth a silk shirt, if ya had a hot date with a babe............lost my train of thought!" rotf

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
So, I go get Mexican take-out, and not until I get home do I see that it looks like someone took the clamshell take-out dish and shook it hard and mixed the refried beans into the tacos and left the rice off my order, and got the sauce outside the clamshell and into the plastic bag I need for scooping the cat boxes later. What the hell is this? I said, take-out, not take it out on me. I'll never go there again ... until maybe next week when I need a quick lunch. But forgive? Never, never. And I don't even need an aluminum pole; I was born this way.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Christmas is just another holiday I don't have to spend a fortune on the kids. My ex wife got shit growing up to she made sure her kids were flush. One Christmas each kid got 32 packages. This was before my 4th was born. It was still ridiculous, but I allowed it because it meant so much to her. If it were me, I would give them a slap on one side of their heads and then tell them they were lucky I didn't slap the other side..