PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
Just look at all of this good medical advice! Well done fellas. I would concur that inhaling a pipe should not be done; I do know a couple guys who simply can't (won't) stop though. Our dearly departed Ed James (Ozark Southpaw) was one of them; he couldn't train himself out of it, which is why he was quitting just prior to being murdered last year.
Medical advice and smoking...here's a bit of a rabbit trail. I was in home medical (respiratory support tech) for 15 years. Visited lots of lung patients...some of whom still smoked...yep...even while the nasal cannula was feeding them x liters of near 100% oxygen. One cute ol' lady I visited many times had hundreds of cigarette burn holes on her couch and rug...because the cig burned down so fast from the overflow oxygen supply she was exhaling that her fingers would suddenly get burned and she'd drop it. I observed her do it one time. I know...YIKES. She was NOT giving up them smokes.

artificialme

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2018
wow, I don't deserve this guys.

For a newbie like me to get so many nice responds and advises.
Btw, yes I was a cigarrete smoker before but it's in the past. Now I'm mainly vaping and pipe smoking a bowl or two in a day.

Maybe I'll be reviewing my technique first. Thanks to Chasing Embers for your video. So helpful.
Btw, those tight chest feeling was getting better after good night sleep. So to help me calming my mind, I thought that maybe those feeling generated from stomach cramping like mso said before.
Hopefully it will get better in no time.
Thanks a bunch

artificialme

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2018
Hi guys,
Just to informed you all, finally I get a hang of those breath technique! And wow, it was so satisfying when I finished my bowl of tobacco and my chest didn't feel tight anymore. Kudos to you guys.

artificialme

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2018
@mike : hope this new hobby last for a long time after a bounce and back to cigarette smoking while vaping. Maybe I'll stick to the forum as long as I smoked :D
Thanks anyway for all your advices

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Lots of blame to go around and all of it points back at me and my various choices.
Yes! Had a friend who got lung cancer after a life time of cig smoking. His reply was "Well, I bought the ticket, now I'm in for the ride". Sums up our life (or death) choices... :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.