Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
@Hextor,
Your best bet is to buy what you can, while you can. Current blends will be available for the next year to 18 months before stocks start running down.
There will still be a large selection of blends available after 2018, far more than was available when I started out smoking a pipe.
We knew something would happen eventually and many of us started buying years ago. You may have less options down the road than you have now, but you will still have options, some of the best currently available, after 2018.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
You're talking about a country full of people who don't even have the balls to vote on a regular basis. You think they're going to take up arms?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Okay, so do I understand correctly that pipe making, either factory pipes or artisanal pipes, are currently off the table for FDA regulation?

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
What about the estate market? Is there anything preventing a pipemaker from selling a new pipe as an estate? Or handling tobacco much as they do on ebay in which you can sell a tin of tobacco as long as you advertise it as the selling of the tin and not of tobacco.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Okay, so do I understand correctly that pipe making, either factory pipes or artisanal pipes, are currently off the table for FDA regulation?
As currently stated, the FDA requirements would effectively kill the artisan pipe making trade. Large factory operations making pipes to exact model specifications, could continue to produce product.
I sure hope that this imbecilic Reg gets overturned.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
What about the estate market? Is there anything preventing a pipemaker from selling a new pipe as an estate? Or handling tobacco much as they do on ebay in which you can sell a tin of tobacco as long as you advertise it as the selling of the tin and not of tobacco.
eBay rules have changed. You can't sell sealed tins, though some are getting through. According to the new eBay rules, sellers are required to include an image of the opened empty tin. Enforcement of this seems to be spotty, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it remaining that way.
As for selling pipes on eBay, I suppose one could try listing new as used, but I'm not sure there wouldn't be some sort of push back there as well.
I just hope that pipe shows don't go away, as I believe they could become a major source for buying and selling pipes and tobaccos, especially if Internet sales become more problematic for buyers and sellers. Make sure you support pipe shows!
This ain't a pipe, it's sculpture!

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I pretty much homebound, so getting to shows would be a real problem. I couldn't even get to one in the same city last year. Internet sales are very important to me. That being said, I just concentrate on today. Today I can smoke some nice tobacco in a nice pipe and I'm going to enjoy them and not even come close to thinking it may one day end. After you reach a certain age the future becomes a little less important.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
To All: it's probably better to weather this storm, with lurkers here like most; who love this type of oversight from the Centralized Megalomania, a minority resides that would even care to stand against this type of overreach. Good luck!

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Jackswilling, that date was 2009. Recently, Congress transferred their power once again with the e-cigarettes, Thus creating this debacle. Perhaps the Lawsuit enthusiasts could chum up with LLF and LLF could litigate from the angle of the illegal transfer of power Congress is guilty of. Hmmmm, may have to reach out....considering it was the President of LLF who brought to my attention the fact, that Congress,, cannot relieve itself of its power and give this power to another branch. Of course, SCOTUS would immediately be involved. Oh crap, the Oligarchs in Black. Reminds me of that Anthem novel.

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
Funny they will not bust the guy dealing weed on the corner, but they want to shut down the legitimate law abiding tax paying job creating business on the other side of the street.

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
That is sad to see, The US government is trying another Prohibition? because the first one worked sooooooo welll

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
@seagullplayer- Unfortunately, our government has realized that when they wish to alter the citizenry's behavior, it is best to start with the already law-abiding segment of society who feel some responsibility toward community and society. Following laws comes naturally to those kinds of people. This is why the Affordable Care Act scam was such a masterstroke. The burden was actually people who never have and never will pay for their own health care; the solution was to force the people who already pay for their own health care to pay more, because those people are likely to comply rather than throw up their hands and live a fringe-of-society lifestyle.

basil

Might Stick Around
Nov 17, 2013
I re-opened my web site for pipe sales as soon as the lawyers filed suit. If this falls through, guess I'll be the fellow standing on the street corner with a long overcoat and dark sunglasses saying "Psst! Wanna buy a pipe?"

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
+1 aldecaker.
That is sad to see, The US government is trying another Prohibition? because the first one worked sooooooo welll
Prohibition never ended...they just switched to other substances rather than alcohol. The only difference with alcohol prohibition was that they actually bothered to obtain a constitutional amendment in order to acquire the authority to do it. But ever since then, they have just outlawed whatever substances they choose to without any concern over constitutional authority.
Just like with war. The last time they bothered with obtaining a constitutional declaration of war was WW2. Ever since then they have just allowed the military to be a private mercenary force for the transnational banks and corporations. Once a precedent is set, it's almost never reversed.

p4ttythep3rf3ct

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2015
Funny they will not bust the guy dealing weed on the corner, but they want to shut down the legitimate law abiding tax paying job creating business on the other side of the street.
The writing is on the wall. Weed's legal here and there and going to be totally legal, recreationally, nationwide within 10 years. Mark my words. It also brings in $$$ and keeps the people docile. It too will be regulated and eventually we will lose out on artisan glass blowers and private farmers developing their own strains, etc, only to be left with Graphx pipes and Marlboro Natural Greens. Weed, Tobacco, it doesn't matter to the gov't. The spin of Weed Vs Tobacco is meant to keep us from collaborating. Divide and conquer, all that jazz. They are both plants, after all. The rest is propaganda to keep us spinning while the suits gobble up the mom and pops via lobbying. Welcome to the Corporatocracy! I hope you have pledged your serfdom wisely.

bryguysc

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2015
QyfKC4E.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.