PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ClenchedBilliard

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 19, 2021
Louisiana
As the title suggests, what is your favorite Wilke blend(s)? I’ve only recently began to delve into their ginormous catalog and placed a sampler order. I went for 4 picks that seemed as though they would hit pretty safely in the ol wheelhouse (#13, #192, Jackson, and Crystal Palace). I find myself now wondering if these wind up being winners, what to try next?

Reactions: John Brandt

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I've only tried a handful of their blends but so far it would be Rum and Maple and Vermont Maple Cavendish. Just about the time of year to dip into them.

Reactions: ClenchedBilliard

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Taste is a very subjective thing. Why not just pick up one or a couple of their samplers?

scout19d3

Can't Leave
Jul 6, 2021
Katy, TX USA
Wilke Continental is my favorite. I received an email only yesterday announcing it's current availability as well as next week's Peanut Butter drop
1664058360603.png
Before it was introduced last year, their Surbrug Crystal Palace was one I really favored, and still favor/buy/smoke/keep on hand.
I'm certain my introduction to Wilke tobaccos was their Peanut Butter & Chocolate as well as the Peanut Butter. @John Brandt suggested on the packing slip of that initial order that I not be surprised if the latter was to become a favorite - it did!

PSOI Hearth of Galway is also very enjoyable

for Aromatics I will second the recommendations made for
Rum & Maple as well as
Butterscotch Black Cavendish, reviewed on these forums

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Both Lizzies are great. No. 515 (Rathbone) and No. 72 (Cronkite) are iconic and really good. Vermont Maple, Hearth of Galway, Bestmake, High Hat, No. 191 ……..

I’ve gone the sample route a few times and also added more of those I find I like. Just had a decent order last week come in and have a list to order next week for some winter cellaring.

There are a few others I like and am forgetting.

Read the descriptions, experiment, more samples!!!

Jon888

Might Stick Around
Jul 25, 2022
NYC
I had my first bowl of Pipemaker’s Choice the other day and it blew my mind.. also ordered some 515 and hope to get to that next. Lizzy Blood Red Virginia and Gramercy Park are definitely in the next round.