PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
I don't smoke a lot of aromatics. When I do it is usually captain black white. I tend to lean more toward english blends such as Squadron leader, FMOTT. I also really enjoy Burley based blends like PA, Carter hall, and SWR.

bloodhound

Lurker
Sep 17, 2009
I I was told One and One only...MBs Navy Flake would be just fine with me. I'm glad no one is forcing me into this but I could be happy with just the Navy Flake

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
I am ordering a pound of P.S. Bullseye Flake. Maybe a can of XXX twist.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
I ordered Kendall Cream instead of XX Twist. Anyone a Kendall Cream smoker?

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I smoked a tin of it when I first started seriously smoking pipes. I don't recall liking it too much and have never smoked it since.
I need to revisit it though because my tastes have changed a lot since the beginning and I have a greater appreciation and know a lot more about smoking pipes now than I did back then.
Be sure to posts your thoughts on it!

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
I smoke more VA/PERs than anything else, followed by Virginias, though I'll smoke about anything that I think is worth trying.
In the beginning, I didn't care for latakia much at all. Two of the first I tried were Nightcap and Pelican and I found both way too potent. The only ones I really liked were the watered-down Early Morning Pipe and Solent Mixture. What finally made my tastebuds appreciate latakia was soldiering through a tin of James Fox's Dorisco Mixture, by the time I finished it, I was sold. Now I'm looking forward to delving some more and plan for some of my next few purchases to be latakias/English blends.

raf66

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2010
Hi everyone. I'm new here and just wanted to thank those responsible for the site. What a great thing to be able to learn more about one of my favorite pastimes. Been smoking a pipe off and on for nearly 20 years.
Anywho, back to the topic at hand. My current favorite is a nice Virginia flake.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Welcome raf66. When it comes to nice Virginia Flake, I always reach for Samuel Gawith Full Virginia flake. I am always open to suggestions.

raf66

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2010
Thanks for the welcome, dunendain. I'm in love right now with Rattray's Hal O' The Wynd. I've been wanting to try something from Samuel Gawith recently too. Anyway, thanks for letting me hang out. It beats the heck out of working!

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Dudley, that smokey flavor can become quite addicting. My wife has forbidden Latakia in the house, so I am waiting for summer.

jnkc

Lurker
Mar 2, 2010
Let's see what is my fav. Almost any with Latakia or Perique. I really like AB Rimboche from D&R, well damn near all the D&R blends. I have some PS Balkan Supreme and some Proper English. I got a Latakia sampler from P&C and I like most of them. Still trying to figure the folding trick with some roll cake! Last ordered is all D&R: Ramback, Ryback, SJ Rimboche; I'm going to try to age some of the SJ if I can keep out of the stuff long enough! I broke down and ordered bulk Latakia and Perique for fun and blending.

Status
Not open for further replies.