PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
Me, I'm leaning towards straight Virginia and Virginia blends (got some on order) at this moment. Been burning through my tin of Romanza mix no.10, which is a straight Virginia. Even though, I do like English styles as well.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
Straight VA, VA/PER, Burley, Aro's. I like pretty much any and every blend, except I can't smoke Lat - so anything w/it is out.
Really, no Latakia at all? That knocks out a lot of potential blends you could be smoking. o_0

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I guess I have to say lat blends. My top picks are Black House, closely followed by Magnum Opus. I do like my aros and Cavendish, but those two are tops for me!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Captain Black White is the first blend I tried and it made me say, "Oh yeah, I'm really going to like this hobby!" so I certainly am not biased. VA/Cavendish is good stuff.

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
Right now it is HOTW, but Dunhill 965 is always there, like a first love you have to keep coming back.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
+1 with those that don't do Lat blends.
I don't know what it's, but they irritate the heck out my taste buds. And I've smoked everything I could get my hands on for 30 years, including Russian, Indian, Egyptian and whatever cigarettes ... It's been weird for me to have something I really could not smoke.
So i'm turning into a VA, Va/Per, burley kinda guy. Although I'm looking for a good Va/Turkish blend. C&D Sunday Picnic is on my short list.

ulrich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2012
Toronto
I lean mostly towards English blends. I'm a big fan of squadron leader and the like. That's not to say I won't enjoy a nice VA blend or a nice aromatic though!

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
It's lat blends for me, staying away from crossovers. I would have to say my fave is McCranie's Murdock's Pipe.

havanarick

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Texas
Firm believer in the English blends, although i do like aromatic tobacco a lot. O.K. so i like all kinds of pipe tobacco!!!!

tab812

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2011
Floyds Knobs, IN
+1 for the English/Balkan.

I don't smoke aromatic to much, maybe once a month i'll have a craven for celtic talisman or such.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
lately i have been on a VA kick smoked a tin of Red Ribbon in 3 days and i have been avoiding Lat blends i like em but my touge just aint the same after a couple of bowls full

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
For me right now anyways, it is Burley/Perique. Sometimes I go on long runs with the English blends but I smoke a bowl or two of them every day.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
For me it's mainly burleys,especially OTC's. CH,PA,SWR etc.I do like some of the Mac Baren burley blends and also some of John Pattons. While I like the taste of Va's they tend to bite me and Va/Pers set me on fire. Can only smoke latakia in small doses!

Status
Not open for further replies.