PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
Offhand, Dan Tobacco's Hamborger Veermaster for me! Though there are many fine examples!

Hamborger%2BVeermaster.jpeg

But I'm just a sucker for nautical themes -- odd since I grew up only 600km from the geographic centre of North America.

captaincalabash

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
Texas
I'm a bit simple in my artistic tastes, so the Cornell & Diehl Autumn Evening logo really works for me... http://pipesmagazine.com/python/files/2009/09/autumn-evening-label.jpg

beastinview

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2016
I actually like some simple artwork. The Gawith tins with the seasons on them are really appealing to me for a similar reason. There seems something appealing about the idea that the blend one smoke corresponds to a particular season, though I don't really choose blends that ways

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
My GF votes for Frog Morton, but I'm more like Bengal Slices and War Horse kind of guy. Pease tins all have good art, but not on the lids. Ought to be two categories, one lids, one side!

amphora

Lurker
May 27, 2016
My vote also goes to Nightcap. It's very appropriate for the blend, and I love the artwork. :puffy:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Royal Yacht, something Marixst about it. Naw, maybe Leninist. Sorry, hmm, hmm, maybe Something Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. No that's not right.........Maybe something John Galt about it. No that doesn't do. Maybe it's Hitlarian or Benito! NAW, Could be Something Pope Francis about it, or Al Sharpton about it. Could be something Margert Sanger, or Alinsky about it. There's definitely something Barry about it. No, that doesn't work. Yellow....Red....Yacht....no that's to rich for the likes of most of the crew I named. Hell, I don't know.....Its Royal Yacht! Best damn tin in the bag, I's ah say.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There should be a museum showing of the best of pipe tobacco tin art. So many are excellent. It may not be the single all-time best, but I am stuck on McClellands whale in moonlight theme, and my favorite color scheme for that art work is the gold and orange Christmas Pipe tin. C&D's old tins, some of which are still in circulation, are exceptional -- so many -- I like Riverboat Gambler, but a dozen others as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.