PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

elvishrunes

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2017
1-Nightcap

2-Old Dublin (underrated, pretty sure it’s the same as 965 but cheaper, same components same makers, but haven’t smoked both together)

3-Flake, I like it, but I’d prefer stock up on Orlik or SG Flakes

4-Gold, outstanding Vanilla aromatic, but unfortunately it’s been discontinued, of course. De Luxe Mixture is a good aro too, but too low in nic for my tastes, I avoid low nic these dayspuffy

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
The only current production I like enough to buy is 3P.

The old version of Sherlock Holmes blend was a fantastic Virginia ribbon blend. Whenever I see a tin of it it's an automatic purchase.

They really screwed it up in the last 7-8 years though.

Ghosted Tamper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2023
South West, US
Flake and DLNR are deeply cellared blends for me.

Aside those two, I'd recommend 965 if you're more of a mild/medium English smoker, along with Hyde Park. Whenever I just feel like a smoke without being particular, Hyde Park in a cob hits the spot.

Reactions: Hutch Piper

MidnightPuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 6, 2020
Ohio
Same here. They are about the only two Petersons I regularly smoke…like them both dearly, but need something more cost effective for “day to day” smokes.
Oh yeah the Peterson stuff is a treat but for day to day it's typically C&D bulks and Codger Blends for me. Typically sprinkle some dark burley into the codgers to kick'em up a notch.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Every single one.
I haven't had one that truly disappointed yet, but Standard was the least impressive.
But I'm fortunate enough to never have been exposed to the originals, so I'm not spoiled like that.
Ignorance being bliss, and all that, I therefore have enjoyed them all.