PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
So you like the Orientals eh? I still gotta track down some Cairo with age on it, have you tried Rajah's Court?
I'm with you on Gemoetrie, don't usually get too excited about a new blend but I'm hoping for some magic with this one.
Love orientals.
I've had several tins of Cairo from the first couple years of production. It aged as beautifully as any blend I've experienced.

Rajahs Court sounds like a fine blend, if they'd just omit the damned latakia.

Reactions: BCF
I'm really surprised that only one person mentioned GasLight. A few years ago, you couldn't get people to shut up about that one, ha ha. I like it, but not as much as others with a lighter tough with the latakia. But, when it came out, it seems like everyone jumped on that bandwagon. But... I guess someone is going to tell me that it didn't happen, ha ha.

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
Have not purchased any in years because I purchased a lot two decades ago in early days, through a decade ago. Still have a lot because I smoke less than most folks. Now a bowl a week or so.

Haddo's, Abingdon and Samarra. Haddo's used to be and hopefully still is amazing with age. All his blends are thoughtfully done; he's a very bright guy and has worked hard. Funny as can be as well with a sophisticated dry sense of humor. Like Craig T. was, in ways.

Samarra was my first 'transcendental' smoke. Epic memorable, even 20+ years later.

I don't know if the tobacco's have changed, that's not up to him as I recall...just the weather (presumably) and market. But, top shelf.

coys

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2022
Missouri
I have the most tins of Union Square and Telegraph Hill, but you will also find Quiet Nights and Gaslight on my shelf for an occasional.

I haven't tried Chelsea Morning, but I'm burning through a supply of Squadron Leader at the moment and notice the rave reviews on Chelsea, perhaps I'll get some in my next order.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Windjammer most of all, but I also really like Embarcadero, Barbary Coast, and Telegraph Hill
After a few bowls, I’m adding Geometrie. This stuff is fantastic in all respects. I really enjoy the various flavors being distinct, but all tied together by a surprisingly palpable sweetness that to me is both white sugar bright and brown sugar dark. I’m aware I’m veering into tasting-notes dbaggery there, but so be it. But beyond flavor, there’s zero bite, and it just smolders forever with a simple cube cut and minimal drying.

john19

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2021
Greece
Smoking right now Union Square. I like it. It's the only blend from G.L. Pease i've tried.

I look forward for:
-Westminster
-Gaslight
-Odyssey
-Abingdon
-JackKnife Plug
-Key Largo
-Triple Play
-Cairo

Reactions: ThermionicScott

mngslvs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2019
Yarmouth, Maine
This is interesting. I remember an exchange with a well known long-time forum member, about a year ago. On the subject of the forum that deals with FS, WTT, etc etc, he stated "Pease blends don't get a lot of love here".
On 4/3 I listed a group of 4 Pease blends for sale at what I thought was a reasonable price, considering their age. But maybe I was mistaken about the price, cuz there's been nary a nibble. To quote Fats Waller : "One never know, do one ?"
At this point, I'd be happy if the only blender left standing were Watch City.