PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Right, well my favorite classic pipes are Comoy's. The shapes, stains and bits are almost always exactly what I'm looking for in a classic pipe. That said, I recently picked up a savinelli 320 and it's an excellent example of the best aspects of modernization. It's made to a higher level of precision than many of my hand made pipes and is at least the equal (wink wink) of my one and only dunhill. It smokes rings around my Peterson...night and day difference. That pipe (which I like) feels like it rolled off a factory belt made to walmart ready production standards whereas the Sav feels like it was grown gently in a lab :roll:. I guess that is a weird and possibly scary analogy but most of the people I know work in bio labs so it's meant as a compliment

briarguys

Might Stick Around
Nov 5, 2013
TN
This is awesome. Great pictures everyone. Personally, I would have to say Savs. My 320 Hercules started it all for me!

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I have 2 Medico Varsity volcanos that go everywhere with me that smoke great but I general pick a pipe on how it appeals to me rather then the brand of maker. I have a few Rattray's that are incredible smokers.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
There are a lot of great factory made pipes out there that are good value for the dollar.

I'm a big fan of Brigham pipes...wish they were still made in Canada thougn!

Mar 1, 2014
Even though I have some decent British briar now (Ashton and Ferndown), I still have to say I love my Vauen pipes.

They have great stems, fantastic Churchwardens, and they always have a 9mm filter slot for stuffing things in to catch tobacco bits and reduce gurgle.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
darwin, +1 on Bari, but they are somewhat rare, so I didn't mention it. Mine is a bent billiard smooth I was given by my late wife's aunt thirty plus years ago and it is incredible. You remind me to pack that beauty and enjoy it again. It's stamped as a "Don Regular."

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
My favorites are the pre-Comoy consolidation GBD 9438 bent Rhodesians. They just smoke anything in the most pleasant way. Some day I'll learn to up-load pictures but I have over twenty in both brier and meerschaum and they smoke better than anything else I own.

Status
Not open for further replies.