PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

elvishrunes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2017
Frog Morton is a lighter English, an English “aro”, but some say Sutliff Eastfarthing is similar, it’s really good anyhow as I’ve never had Frog Morton, still time to buy an overpriced tin one day…

I mostly smoked Peterson Old Dublin for ten years, and really enjoy it, few mention it here, but it’s often sold out so someone out there likes it... I’m going to be trying Night Cap next, but I smoke less English these days.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Where can I order Lizzie? I don’t see is on smoking pipes!
They are blends made by Wilkie Tobacco. A few other Wilkie blends that get rave reviews are peanut butter, peanut butter and chocolate, and No. 515.

Do yourself a favor and put together a sampler or two. 4 2 ounce samples for about $36 is a decent price for quality tobacco.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Title edited for caps and brevity. Please also capitalize all names of tobacco blends and maker.

I’m looking to order a few English and Balkan tobacco to try. My all time favorite was frog Morton on the town but unfortunately I’m running low. It has a touch of basma which is my favorite oriental. Peterson old Dublin also uses Basma which is another favorite of mine. What are you favorites?
I have tried pretty much all dunhills, GL pease quiet nites, and several esoterica’s when I can find them.
GLPease is the only blender to release a series of Balkans, which range from spicy/acrid to rich/creamy to heavier and latakia-forward. I highly recommend Charing Cross, Caravan, and Odyssey as great examples of each of those styles. (There are probably 5-6 Balkans in the range.)

While it’s very latakia-light, Presbyterian is oriental-forward. I’m thinking you might enjoy that one as well.

I noticed some similarities between FM on the Town and SG’s Perfection. While Perfection is certainly not a FM duplicate, you might also find that it hits some of the high points that the FM does/did.

Davy

Can't Leave
Nov 22, 2022
Dunhill London Mixture
Dunhill The Aperitif
Dunhill Durbar
Dunhill BB1938
Rattray Black Mallory
Peterson Old Dublin
Peterson Standard Mixture
Peterson Nightcap
SG Commonwealth