PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Apr 20, 2021
Louisville, KY
Hey everyone!
I am beginning to get my sea legs when it comes to pipe tobaccos and I've realized that there are certain blends that are only released on maybe 1 day or a few days of the year.
For example, Watch City Cigar's Rouxgaroux is only released on April Fool's Day and Halloween. Then you have your December Christmas blends like Cringle Flake, Figgy Pudding, Elf Dandruff, or Cordial Friends. And I know summer time brings us things like Sun Bear which everyone raves about (not sure of a month for that one). And The Country Squire did their annual Tolkien birthday sale and came out with a special blend called Mirkwood.
I guess my question is, is there a specific day of the year you all mark your calendars for? A certain favorite blend that only comes around once a year? If so, what blend and what fateful day? Happy smokes!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've got enough tobacco to last multiple lifetimes. The only dates I keep up with are doctor's appointments, family birthdays (including my dogs), National Napping Day, and National Dog Day.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
In a ghostly voice from thin air: "Cringle Flake"
Might do. Last year I bought less than half the Cringle Flake I bought the year before. At some point the reality of aging makes itself known and you realize that buying more, at least in any significant amount, is pointless.

See, here's the thing. I already cellared, and I bought my favorite blends when the quality was better. I bought Cabbie's when they used Perique instead of stuffing it with dark fired to save a few cents, bought blends made from leaves that were hand picked when ripe, not machine harvested, etc. I have well aged and mellowed blends, and a lot of them. So what is going to be offered in today's market that will be equal to what I can pull from the shelf? Practically nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: dcon