PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BriarBrook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2022
Missouri
Ashton Connecticuts are top of the heap for me... I do like the undercrown cigarillos, but you have to snip the ends. that's kind of a no-no for me and cigarillos. if i'm already being lazy enough to do a cigarillo, i don't want to be bothered with cutting. :)

• Haha
Reactions: BenMN and jbfrady

BronzeAgePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2023
Boone>Wilmington
Those Ashtons can be nice, I think they do best sipped. Also resting them for a year significantly diminishes any harshness you might notice

Davidoff makes an extensive line of Primeros that come 6 to a tin. They are worth trying for sure. I like the regular Dominican and Nicaraguan lines. $6+ apiece though..

Their short-filler Winston Churchill Belicoso (4/tin, aprox. $8 apiece) might just be my favorite little cigar. But those will go for an hour, and we're getting away from cigarillo and into small cigar territory...

The various Drew Estate/Liga Coronets, as mentioned above by @JoeW

La Flor Dominicana makes a petit version of their la Volcada. I've only smoked 3 but they were all obnoxiously tight. Excellent flavors though

Plascencia offers the Nestico vitola in their reserva line. These are excellent. When @BronzeAgePiper said frosted flakes he was right.

I've been really into Fuente lately, and have burned through about 25 Exquisitos in the past few months. Every. single. one. has burned right. This means a lot to me. Do you like the Fuente/Dominican profile? Unsure? Buy 5 of these for $12.50 and see

Oliva offers tins of their Serie O, G, and probably others. If you like those, or don't know yet, these could be a good value. I like them

Probably more, and definitely some I didn't like and have forgotten about. Hope you find something useful above. Good luck!
So my fav “short smokes” that still last me up to 2 hours on occasion 😬 In order from shortest to longest smoke ? …. As @BenMN mentioned the glorious Plasencia Nesticos. Then which is prolly my fav Tatuaje the 4x40 petite cazadores. Illusione Fume d’amour 4.25x42 and illusione Epernay Le petite 4.5x44. But I will say the smaller the ring gauge the slower I smoke it, so all these tend to last me as long as robustos but guess what the price is half so there ya go!

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
After enjoying cigars many years, I recently discovered cheroots / dry cigars. Toscano and Parodi makes some unusually good little 30 minute sticks. They have a smoky, fire cured taste profile with just a hint of sweetness. I find these to have a better taste than many premium cigars, at a much lower cost. Most recently, I picked up a box of Parodi Kings (hate the name) and find them to be a 9 out of 10. No relights, good draw with a definite fire cured flavor. Good stuff! These are in my regular cigar rotation now.

jbfrady

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2023
South Carolina
Wow. So many great replies here. I'm looking forward to pulling up this thread next time I'm in my local shop and using it as a guide.

Reactions: BenMN