Edgeworth flake

Bengal Slices...

I realy don't smoke all that much.

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
Hello, gents of the briar....
I recently had a revelation, an epiphany, and re-thought my opinion of "HGL" Lane Ltd. I originally thought it was way too heavy in the Latakia department, but now - after smoking it straight out-of-the-bag, and also mixed with other tobaccy in various proportions, I have come to enjoy this mild, aromatic "English"-style blend. Yes, I know it's really RLP-6 with a minor Latakia addition, but it serves my purpose.....and the aroma smells great. Besides, I'm not that adventurous when it comes to trying all the many tobacco blends....I can't really taste the different tobacco components. Also, I ain't got no palate.
Recently added HGL to a generic Burley/Blk. Cavendish blend, 50:50, and the resulting mixture was terrific.....smooth, rich, oats and nuts, burnt-sugary, with some vanilla notes. No bite. A perfect blend for all day smoking. I bought the "Burley-Cavendish" mixture at a local B&M in Florida, and the bulk was probably renamed for retail sale by the ounce. Store told me their bulk blends come from either Lane Ltd. of Stokkebye. If anyone can guess what the generic Burley-Cavendish blend might be, I'd sure like to know.
So, this 50/50 HGL blend is my new, favorite, must have, tobaccy mixture....for now, until something else strikes my fancy. I'm also fickle and not too loyal to anything anymore.
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

drbenway

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
My tastes seem to change..but current rotation:
Morning smoke...esoterica stonehaven mixed with a little sutliff burley supreme..makes my stonehaven supply last longer
Afternoon....macbarren golden extra
After dinner favs...peterson univ flake or perfect plug(good stuff!) or solanni silver flake
Before bed..ten russians or nightcap

grue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2016
I like them all so far! Well, except Scandinavian Mixture. :-P

jorchamp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
Peter Heinrich: Dark Strong. and Reiner Blend 71, and sometimes Old Dark Fired.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
At the moment...
Black Mallory

GLP Stonehenge

GH Rum Flake

GH dark flake liquorice

GLP Gaslight

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
I'm probably not qualified to post here, but hey.... That hasn't stopped me yet. :)
Although I am an admitted MM965 fan, I find that I enjoy many different blends.
This evening, for instance, I started out the night with a bowl of Penzance in one of my Dunhill Bent Bulldogs, I have also enjoyed a bowl of Carter Hall in a beautiful Edwards Straight Billiard and am now happily puffin away on a bowl of Balkan Sobraine in a Calibrisi Freehand.
Although I have an affinity for English's and Balkan's I quite enjoy pretty much everything I've acquired. The one's I don't care for I've traded off (Haunted Bookshop).
Depending on the day I find myself smoking anything from Cavendish to Frog Mortons to Peach Cobbler.
I know, I know, not a very sophisticated palate, but hey. What can I say? As of now I seem to enjoy em all.
Cheers

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
My current three favorite blends are FMC, Dunhill Aperitif and a 50/50 homemade blend of Orlick Golden Slice and Dark Strong KY.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I have rediscovered (yet again!) My Mixture 965 after digging into my stash. Spicy, sweet and tangy. It's the General Joe's Chicken of pipe tobacco. Glorious.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Well, thanks to a recent thread, PS Luxury Twist Flake has become my daily smoke. Thanks, guys! 2-5 are FVF, Dunbar, McClelland's 40th Anniversary, and Boston 1776.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Dark Flake, DF, DF, DF, DF. . .

Solani 633

Escudo

Chant's Cake

Christmas Cheer 2012

Cumberland

Status
Not open for further replies.