PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

oppie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2010
Chicago
If you had to pick one blender. Who would it be? I gotta go with Cornell and Diehl.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I have to use the one brand that has stuck in my mind since I was a nipper.

I have always loved Wessox Brigade Apple... So to extend that to the logical conclusion.

Wessox.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
My favorite blender is Proctor-Silex.
ProctorSilex.jpg

OK, I know, nobody likes a smart-ass. Tough to do just one blender! Russ Ouellette, Craig Tarler & Greg Pease in that order. Bob Runowski has a few top-notch blends too; in fact, I think he's responsible for my favorite geezer blend, Haunted Bookshop.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
This is a tough one to answer. I like a lot of blenders such as Russ Ouellette's H&H Series, C&D, McClelland, and Samuel Gawith to name a few.
If I HAD to pick one, I would spend some time debating over H&H and C&D. I would choose one of those two based off of their large selections and their very reasonable prices.

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
Kevin needs to make an option to add in a Poll when you create a new thread. It would be nice if we could vote on threads like this one.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Haven't had any of Greg's Va/Pers yet.
This topic can go a few ways.
Favorite belnder as in I can only smoke one brand. In that case I'd likely go Gawith.
Favorite blender as in all around best quality best buy best variety I'd say either C&D or McCelleland.
Or favorite blender as in the actual guy who I admire as an artist. In that case no question Greg Pease. The whole premium micro batch approach. I really appreciate his "everyman" quality. He's very active on the internet and his blog is cool. He even excerpts Regular Joe reviews of his stuff from tobaccoreview.com, answers questions, etc. He seems like one of us.
I also like his blends and the things he does. He doesn't just follow the same recipe and just change ratios etc. He seems to really experiment and focus on making each blend uniquely the best it can be.
Now I just hope he can find a new source of Syrian Latakia.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
Good one Cortez!

For me it is a toss up between Peterson's for University Flake and Gawith and Hoggarth for Black Irish twist.

Just one though? Okay, if I have to, G&H.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Man, Tough questions if I had to pick a company I would say Samuel Gawith. Individual blender Russ Ouellette mixes some really high quality stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.