Favorite Aromatic Blends for the Fall Season?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Sorry, I do not believe in seasonal blends. Good tobacco is always good, period. Sorry, I do not believe in seasonal blends. Good tobacco is always good, period.
I agree that good tobacco is good tobacco and viceversa, however in my case particularly hot weather begs for something lighter and very cold weather calls for something deeper, richer, heavier.
The same applies to food or drinks. When it is extremely hot I tend to eat much lighter and in the cold I like a high carb diet. I love cold beer on a hot day and some warm brandy on a cold one.
Maybe that's just me, but my tobacco appetite is in fact affected by the climate.
Mmmmmm, something about a smoky Lat on a rainy day the warms the soul.

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
in my case particularly hot weather begs for something lighter and very cold weather calls for something deeper, richer, heavier.
Point well taken and I do a little smoking outdoors, but most of the time, indoors, where the temperature is always the same and when I smoke outdoors, it is not too different from indoors.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Aside from Autumn Evening my other two favorites are C&D's Golden Days of Yore and GLP The Virginia Cream. The topping is so light I'd hardly even call them aros. I love Sleepy Hollow too.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Sorry, I do not believe in seasonal blends. Good tobacco is always good, period.
Ah but pipesmoking has been recently declared "a hobby", therefore choosing a blend based on the season, or the alignment of the planets, or any other incongruous ritualistic nonsense is par for the course.

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
I'm a very bad consumer SB and a very tough sell. I just don't buy the marketing hype that I need special tobaccos for early morning, afternoons, at certain locations, for rainy days, various holidays, or late at night. That is far too limiting! If I buy some Christmas Cheer, it will be mainly to see if:
A). I even like it.

B). If I want to try to copy it.

C). It smokes well on the 4th of July.
Maybe what makes it most special to its adherents is that they go so long without it, that by the time the next generation of it comes out, they are totally hopped up to smoke it! Maybe if they smoked it year-round, they might have a different opinion of it. But then, perhaps some aromatics are best only smoked very occasionally.
PS: I like my tobaccos to have names like "Blend #403" or whatever; then I can decide what it is best for!

jdhayes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2016
I have been really enjoying some Peterson's Sunset Breeze. With a cup of coffee on a good cool fall morning I think it's a good combo. Unfortunately here in Alabama a cool fall morning won't happen until about mid February.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
I smoke the same blends year round. 4th Gen 1957 & 1897, Lane 1-Q, Scotty's Honey & Chocolate, H&H Butternut Burley, H&H Trout Stream, McBaren Symphony, Boswell's Grandmas Kitchen to name a few. It depends what I have open. 8)

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
+1 McClelland Deep Hollow. Smooth as silk Virginia with a subtle topping. I'm still not sure what it is, but I think some combo of vanilla, apple and cinnamon

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I really enjoy a great many of the bakkies already listed
I am, however, on a Sillem's Black kick right now... since it's primary ingredient (so they say) is Latakia and yet the rest is more on the VA and aromatic side, it seems lovely with one foot in summer and one in Fall as many pipesters enjoy latakia blends in the cooler/colder months. To me a great transition concept.
Seagullplayer: we love summer fun here too... but we have had a buttload of mid 90's, feels like 110, with a relative humidity of, oh, say 486% in the last month... September/October weather looking more appealing by the day!

Quoth the Raven, "Erinmore, Erinmore, Erinmore!" :wink:

Wonder-108-Raven-Static-Image2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.