Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Apr 16, 2023
I know I seen some discussions about wanted to watch this Doc. It looks like they released it on some free streaming services.

Here is a link or google it and it should pop up! its a good watch into pipe makers.

Many of us on here, that were members when they started the movie, paid to support the production of this. I then also paid to see it. It's pretty good. It doesn't have a cohesive storyline or anything, but it is very well filmed with some interesting aspects of pipes all strung together. I highly advise folks to check it out, even if us original supporters don't see any returns on our investments, ha ha.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I know I seen some discussions about wanted to watch this Doc. It looks like they released it on some free streaming services.

Here is a link or google it and it should pop up! its a good watch into pipe makers.

Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed watching it and felt especially drawn to the generational connections which it showed for us.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The film kind of focuses on certain aspects of their carving history. For as long as it took these guys to make this it certainly lacking any real depth. On the other it tells sort of an interesting story of the few carvers it does cover.
Several of us donated money to the project and bought tobacco and pipes that had portions of the proceeds going to the production. Really didn't pay off.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I bought this as soon as it was available. Or, a fathers day gift it was I believe. I actually just re watched it last night waiting for my daughter at dance. Ive seen it 4 or 5 times now. I wish they would make more.

Reactions: fireground_piper

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Thank you for making us aware of its availability on streaming.

I just finished it. I actually thought it was well made and I immensely enjoyed it. I got teary eyed at a few parts, which I did not expect.

Reactions: romaso and FLDRD

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
It doesn't have a cohesive storyline or anything, but it is very well filmed with some interesting aspects of pipes all strung together.
Well, it's not driven by a narrative but I certainly think it has interconnected, intrinsically human themes that tie the film neatly together. Family, loss, love of art, the power of shared knowledge, and the beauty (and sometimes pain) of family-owned artisanal businesses that span multiple generations.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Well, it's not driven by a narrative but I certainly think it has interconnected, intrinsically human themes that tie the film neatly together. Family, loss, love of art, the power of shared knowledge, and the beauty (and sometimes pain) of family-owned artisanal businesses that span multiple generations.
Similar for me.
Emotional buttons were pushed which resonate with some values I admire and sometimes attempt to express.

I've no understanding of the politics or financial aspects of undertaking enterprises such as this, so I'm not led or mis-lead by any of that. I'm sure there are many other individuals and entities with similarly / unique stories which I'd enjoy as well.

Not that they care, but I passed it on to several family members in an attempt to help them "feel" a little of what I feel regarding this pipe aspect of my life.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Thanks to the OP for posting the link. Overall an enjoyable infotainment piece. Just didn't care for all the idolatrous crap, but home cinema allows one to skip those parts.

I found it interesting that these makers are using metal lathes. Guess it IS a precise endeavour, this pipe making thing.