PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
As it is stated above, it is re-release, so there won't be any problems I guess.

New art, new name = new product, released post-August 2016. Apparently they did the substantial equivalence route and already got approval. That, or Sykes is wrong?

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

New art, new name = new product, released post-August 2016. Apparently they did the substantial equivalence route and already got approval. That, or Sykes is wrong?
It is fully in compliance. If you have specific concerns about regulatory compliance and/or would like a detailed explanation of why this is perfectly compliant, you're more than welcome to contact us directly.
Sykes
Am I missing something here?

thesillyoldbear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
As it is stated above, it is re-release, so there won't be any problems I guess.
As Sykes stated, the product is in full compliance. If you have specific concerns, please contact us directly.

thesillyoldbear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
That being said I am wondering if it's worth it to pick up a few tins. I used to be a big English fan but now find myself loving Vapers, Virginias, and especially dark fired as of late.
It's definitely worth a shot. As I said to chasingembers, Jeremy concentrated a lot of effort into highlighting the interplay between the Latakia and the Virginias, so if you're a fan of VAs/former English fan you might dig it. That being said, it is still an English, so if you're off them completely, maybe it's not for you.

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
As Sykes stated, the product is in full compliance. If you have specific concerns, please contact us directly.

I'm sure there's MANY in the piping community who would love to hear an official response from C&D. It seems like every day someone else is closing up shop. Yet you guys have a new name and new art on old tobacco and have purportedly fit it within the regulations. Why not tell us all? And if you remember who I am, you know I'm a big C&D fan and supporter. I'm not trying to disrespect you guys at all. But a lot of what C&D has done in the last 8 months is significantly different from everyone else. I think we'd all appreciate understanding HOW.
Thanks,
Matt

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It's definitely worth a shot. As I said to chasingembers, Jeremy concentrated a lot of effort into highlighting the interplay between the Latakia and the Virginias, so if you're a fan of VAs/former English fan you might dig it. That being said, it is still an English, so if you're off them completely, maybe it's not for you.
I've been smoking it for a couple of days now, and am enjoying it. To me the Virginias are the major player, and the Latakia frames them without becoming the dominant element. No lat bomb here.

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
A federal court ruled sometime late last year that Congress did not give the FDA power over labeling or name changes. It was technically a cigarette case but it covers all tobacco products.

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
Yes, like btsteve I am keen to hear if anyone saw the movie and what they thought of it.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I saw it and thought it was well done. I found it entertaining and interesting. These guys tell the stories of 3 well known pipe families and they tell them in a way that intertwines them and honors them together. As well as educating people about our hobby. They did say that it isn't quite finished yet, they need to do some final editing and musical work, then it will be submitted to some film festivals before being released to the general public.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I agree with Shain, but think it needs be edited down by about 10 minutes. It was about an hour and forty minute piece? It seemed a little redundant by the end and there were quite a few moments of ambient style music with slow motion shots of smoke, lit chambers, and the cosmos that I thought were overkill. All in all though, it was well done and like Shain stated it is not finished. I just hope that doesn't mean more length. The main people in the film (Lee Von Erck, Mimmo, and Lars and Nana Ivarsson) all did a nice job and come across as authentic. There's even a little humor in it. I'm being knit-picky in my criticism because I did enjoy it and think it was entertaining. I even learned a thing or two. My hat is off to the folks who put it together.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I always support editing! Having seen only clips at the show a year ago, I can't comment directly on the hour and 4o minutes reported now, but shorter and sweeter wins the day.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Both the video/film and the blend sound appealing. Jeremy knows what he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.