PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jshogan2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2019
SC
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I got interested in Howell pipes after hearing @hoosierpipeguy constantly post about them months ago. I believe he is solely responsible for starting the Howell craze. However, I became interested just before I stopped buying pipes. If and when I start buying pipes again I might consider one.

I'm flattered but if you'll recall, it was Harris that started posting about Jack and bought 7 or 8 of his pipes.

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I'm flattered but if you'll recall, it was Harris that started posting about Jack and bought 7 or 8 of his pipes.

I thought Harris got the bug from you and was inspired to get a set because of you, but yes, Harris was a part of it as well. I guess you both started the craze. I just remember you making posts along the lines of: “My Rubio and Howell pipes are top notch. There is nothing that will smoke better than them.” But maybe that was Harris with the Rubio and Howell posts and you came second.

For some reason I can’t bring myself to buy a Rubio pipe simply because the name reminds me of the fast food chain Rubio’s. I immediately get the thought of fish tacos in my mind, and that is not a thought I want in my mind when smoking a pipe, so I looked into Howell.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I thought Harris got the bug from you and was inspired to get a set because of you, but yes, Harris was a part of it as well. I guess you both started the craze. I just remember you making posts along the lines of: “My Rubio and Howell pipes are top notch. There is nothing that will smoke better than them.” But maybe that was Harris with the Rubio and Howell posts and you came second.

For some reason I can’t bring myself to buy a Rubio pipe simply because the name reminds me of the fast food chain Rubio’s. I immediately get the thought of fish tacos in my mind, and that is not a thought I want in my mind when smoking a pipe, so I looked into Howell.

I'll take credit for Rubio. Harris only has two of his pipes. Harris though brought Jack Howell to my attention. Happy he did.

jmsmitty6

Can't Leave
Jan 12, 2018
Cincinnati, Ohio
I became a total junky for Jack's pipes a couple of months ago and now have 10 in my collection. His pipes smoke as good as anything I have ever smoked and collected. The stem work is un real and his blast work is right up there with the best. His prices cannot be beat and he is a pleasure to do business with. The shank dimensions along with his stem work makes the pipe smoke it self. You will never need a pipe cleaner to soak up any moisture while you are smoking because of how dry they smoke.

Do yourself a favor and try one of his pipes. Here are a few pictures of a few of mine.

I highly recommend get one of Jack's pipes just be ready for more than one.
Because of Cigarmaster/Harris’s original post I was immediately hooked. That billiard in the middle makes its own friends.
I’ve commissioned three pipes with a fourth on its way to me. Easy to work with, meticulous attention to detail, incredible value and they smoke better than most of my high end pipesE756A8D6-4521-428B-8B97-2506F5A06D25.jpeg16679380-F6B3-4803-9D47-7C06D6A992DF.jpegE043ADD3-0EF7-48A5-B34F-E2770DE3A565.jpeg

Attachments

• 694E02EA-79CB-48F1-8D67-A4B1D3B24F8B.jpeg
    694E02EA-79CB-48F1-8D67-A4B1D3B24F8B.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 6

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I've had three, currently one in the fold, all traditional shapes.

Two of these Comoy's Shape 283 Homages, Neill's POY. My buddy talked me out of the smooth, I kept the sandblast. I'm button picky, these are money.

Jack_Howell_PFP_POY_'11_Gallery.JPG

Jack_Howell_PFP_Gallery.JPG

This is another one of Neill's POY, the Comoys 284. He did not capture the essence of this shape (my take) and it was sold. Great engineering, the shape was just wrong.

Jack_Howell_PFP_POY_'13_Gallery.JPG