PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

tabakpfeife

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2019
I had a professor once who asked his class, first day every year, for a show of hands if the kids remembered the Kennedy assasination. Every year there were fewer and fewer hands. He said it was pretty distressing. I don't remember it myself, but I remember the funeral.

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Nope. I'm more Alighieri

If you appreciate Dante and ever want to try Lewis, you may enjoy his little The Great Divorce -- a partial and repurposed retelling of the Comedy in which he makes McDonald his Virgil, etc.

Although I've read almost everything from Lewis, this little book -- despite being one of his shortest and simplest -- has become perhaps my favorite. I've read it no fewer than 5x, I think.

Reactions: gamzultovah

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
If you appreciate Dante and ever want to try Lewis, you may enjoy his little The Great Divorce -- a partial and repurposed retelling of the Comedy in which he makes McDonald his Virgil, etc.

Although I've read almost everything from Lewis, this little book -- despite being one of his shortest and simplest -- has become perhaps my favorite. I've read it no fewer than 5x, I think.
Mere Christianity and The Screwtape Letters are my favorite.

Reactions: SBC