Fiddlepiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com
Well this one liked my Condor.
WP-20181128-020.jpg

WP-20181128-017.jpg
What a beautiful creature. Does that go down as a positive review for Condor then? ?

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I find that most of is fall into one of 3 categories, with exceptions, of course. The first group I call Adventure Seekers. These are the folks that have many pipes, sometimes in the hundreds, by many makers in 50 different shapes, finishes, etc. In regards to tobacco, they are more likely to have 1 tin of 50 different blends, and are always seeking the "next great thing ". The adventure is a big part of the hobby to them. Bravo!
Another group are the Collectors. These folks have pipes fitting into certain categories, maybe pipes by a certain maker during a particular era, or pipes of the same shape, or say, pre WWII pipes, whatever they are, etc. Regarding tobacco, Collectors, to my mind, are the ones likely to have a very organized cellar full of well aged and aging blends, often of blends that haven't been around for a long time.
Then there are the Codgers, or Smokers. These folks, to me, are those of us who have figured out that we only like certain pipes, from certain makers, that are a certain shape and size. They have discovered what works best for them, and they stick to that. In terms of tobacco, they seek comfort in the well loved and familiar. They may only smoke a few favorites, or even a single blend. They have no need of adventure or change. Most of us go through more than one of these stages during our journey. Some eventually reach their destination, for others, the adventure never ends. Again, Bravo! Do what you like. Be who you are. Never compromise because of the opinions of others!
I'm happily in the codger/smoker category. After 50 years of pipe smoking and trying all of it at one time or another, I've narrowed it down to what gives me maximum satisfaction most of the time. It's kind of like friends. The enduring relationships are the important ones.