PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I did it! I ordered a Falcon International Straight stem with a Falcon Rustic Snifter bowl. Ordered from Tobaccopipes.com, which I've had great dealings with in the past. Didn't see any on SP or P&C. Tobaccopipes online store was actually cheaper than their ebay store. Cost me $32 for stem and $32 for the bowl.
I guess the little devil in my ear won this time. :twisted:

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
to scloyd

I have a couple of std pipes and one International. TBH I prefer the std.

The only criticism I have with Falcon pipes is that the stem ends feel and taste exactly like the end of a Biro. It brings back memories of school.

But they are great for clenchers. So light, with soft stem and small bowls.

You will be surprised how well they smoke. There is really no need for anything else. I too put a section of pipe cleaner inside the aluminium ring. And it does feel great to be able to truly clean your pipe. I have put mine in with the dishwater.

Buy a couple.

You are not a true pipist without one.

kimbiker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2014
Cracking pipes, just started to use my 2 regularly again. Added 2 new bowls recently and really enjoying the no nonsense, easy maintenance pipe smoking. After smoking my 6 and 9mm filter pipes it seems you get so much more flavour in the straight through Falcons, seem to 'sip' much better too.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I purchased a Falcon...International stem with a briar snifter bowl a couple of days after I started this thread. I really enjoy my Falcon. A couple more bowls including a meer is on my wish list.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
A useful tip for Falcon smokers. Rather than buying the rather expensive circular absorbent rings, buy some cheap fluffy pipecleaners and cut them into roughly one inch sections. Then with each section, wrap it around a pencil or biro and press firmly then slide off. Proceed with the rest until you have enough to last for several months.
Regards,
Jay.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Yes sir, I make my own dry rings with pipe cleaners. Saves money...more money to spend on tobacco.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
Yes sir, I make my own dry rings with pipe cleaners. Saves money...more money to spend on tobacco.
This. I've actually never talked to a falcon owner who bought the dry rings.

P

pipebuddy

I have tried my Falcons with the dry ring and without and they are much better, taste wise, without them.

P

pipebuddy

I tried using Dry Rings and I hated them. I now have about 10 packs I'll never use. I much prefer the airflow without them.
Yes, absolutely, that too! :puffpipe:

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I have tried Falcons a couple of times and agree they smoke wonderfully.I also cant stand the bits though and have sold them again.I wish the bits were better if they were I would definitely buy one again.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Yes.. I have seen some falcon briars here and there. Not very common around here, but considering the quality smoke of your classical falcons, I would like to try one of them briars should I come across it.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
ashdigger
Preferred Member

I tried using Dry Rings and I hated them. I now have about 10 packs I'll never use. I much prefer the airflow without them.

I make mine so that there's a 1/8 inch gap, which I place so that the gap is in front of the airway and it works great. No airflow restriction and it absorbs moisture still.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"I make mine so that there's a 1/8 inch gap, which I place so that the gap is in front of the airway and it works great. No airflow restriction and it absorbs moisture still."
I was just about to say the very same thing but you beat me to it. Placed properly they provide a dry yet unrestricted smoke.
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.