PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Old_Woodsman

Might Stick Around
Nov 16, 2022
Hello everybody,

I bought another Falcon estate pipe recently and the bowl is (I think) a Genoa. The interior was significantly more spacious than all the other bowls I have. It also has 'Falcon' stamped on the underside of the bowl too which my other bowls don't have(?) It's a bit too well smoked to be a regular bowl though.

My question is, was the size of this bowl a result of years of reaming or did they make larger bowls before.

Finally, and thanks for your patience - what's the largest bowl available now, are there bespoke bowls out there?

Best wishes and have a wonderful day!

Reactions: yanoJL

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
I think the largest bowl is the Hyperbole or the chimney stack. I have the hyperbole and a bowl of Briar Fox lasts about an hour with measured puffing.

There may be some pipe makers out there that would be willing to make a custom bowl.

Old_Woodsman

Might Stick Around
Nov 16, 2022
except the meer lined ones I"ve seen have the same internal size on the briar parts as the non lined ones. Basically if you took out the meer in them you'd be left with the same things as non lined one would have been anyways. Who knows.
You see now I've looked at it closer I'd say you're right there sir!