PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I find Falcon pipes improve substantially after being run over by a traction engine and then fed into an industrial billet grinder and reduced to powder! How can anyone enjoy smoking a recycled Colt 45 Malt Liquor can and an old toilet door handle and call it a pipe! :rofl:

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Stvalentine! I love em dude!
I like the Falcon for sampling new blends. A good cleaning is easy to do and one gets a fresh taste. I have two, one of the first USA model and another English made.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
Wow!!!! There are some amazing Falcons in this thread. I've never owned one, but I might now.
Stvalentine - where does one find bowls such as those for a Falcon? And where are some of these nicer bodies coming from?

Mar 1, 2014
James Barber and GQ have some, I think they're made in fairly limited runs.
http://www.smoke.co.uk/acatalog/Falcon-Special-Pipes.html
http://www.gqtobaccos.com/falcon-coloured-anodized-rainbow-stems/

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Ha, in my case it made me ditch the falcon & incrase my collection of comoys & petersons, so i suppose they do help. I couldn't get on with mine, as a constant puffer far too much fiddling about & cleaning is required.
Hahahaha there is no pipe that requires more fiddling and cleaning than a Peterson system, and where it's an epic fail is the sump is briar, meaning it saturates with the moisture it catches, and if not cleaned after every smoke, it stagnates, permeates and nauseates. I had to rest my Petes with the stems off for a couple days. Finally ditched the lot of them. One great thing about Falcons is they don't need resting, as all the moisture collects in the aluminium reservoir and not the briar bowl.

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
I have always disliked these pipes. Especially the bent ones. However, having seen some of the ones in this thread and elsewhere it is becoming clear to me that they can in fact be handsome pipes indeed and am leaning towards getting one. Especially one with a twisted shank and a meerschaum bowl.
I still dislike the bents though.

stvalentine

Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
Thank you Gentlemen! I always try to find interesting Falcons and custom bowls for my collection. Scan the net and you´ll find some.
@Jazz: I am totally with you about the bend one, can´t stand them! :x

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
'Shutterbugg' cheers for the info, but of the two dozen or so petersons I own not one is a system pipe. Blissful all day smoking with no fiddling required, & most importantly no goop dripping out the bottom of the bowl.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
The one Peterson I kept is a non-system. A bent billiard with an orange swirl stem. One of my best-smoking pipes.
And if you have goop dripping out the bottom of a Falcon, either the bowl gasket is perished or missing.

Mar 1, 2014
I had no plans to buy a bent Falcon until I saw that Hunter with a white stem and Meerschaum bowl. I'm not sure if I should get an all black model but I'm a sucker for black and white colour schemes, and the angle of that photo is just right.

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
On board a Navy ship in 1964, I bought a Falcon and a tin of Three Nunes all for under 10 bucks, still have the Falcon. I also like the twisted and color ones. Need to get one!!

stvalentine

Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
While I can´t stand the bent ones I like the black and white color scheme too! Right now I have a Shillelagh on the way that I was searching for quite some time. It´s a humble all aluminum one with a white mouthpiece. Will look great with a Meerschaum bowl. :puffy:

adzpipes

Lurker
Sep 8, 2011
I had a Hunter with a damaged bowl that I got refunded on, and as I am known for the skull thing, a clever idea from the guy called Oguz in Germany (Fine Art Pipes) came up with this....sorted nicely in my style.
12440732_1333018803390247_8059534758757748580_o.jpg

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
Ok, I have never seen a falcon bowl like that and as someone who has enjoyed your channel I agree that it is very you.

Status
Not open for further replies.