PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
The possibility that is is fake, is probably much smaller than the very real chance that it is just packaged differently. Maybe something to do with the fact that it is sold in continental Europe, but not the EU, which would make perfect sense.
I've heard that international tobacco rights and regulations are Byzantine. So there is certainly that.

Reactions: TheWhale13

highwindows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2022
Gibraltar/Georgia
I lived in Spain from 96 to the early 00’s. Having worked in & around Gibraltar a few times, quite familiar with what goes on there.
Gibraltar is well known for it’s cheap tobacco, diamond & jewellery shops. It’s also well known for it’s back street sellers of fake diamonds, jewellery & tobacco (& other shenanigans).
As someone who has lived for years in, and currently lives in, Gibraltar, this is absolutely not true. Gibraltar shops sell cheap tobacco because it is not taxed. We do not have "back street sellers" of anything. This is not some third-world country. Frankly, Gibraltar is more economically developed, socially organised, and safe than most of the UK mainland.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
As someone who has lived for years in, and currently lives in, Gibraltar, this is absolutely not true. Gibraltar shops sell cheap tobacco because it is not taxed. We do not have "back street sellers" of anything. This is not some third-world country. Frankly, Gibraltar is more economically developed, socially organised, and safe than most of the UK mainland.
Changed a bit since I was there then. Lol

Reactions: highwindows

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Hopefully they won’t close the thread down, no need to is there?
If a moderator can give man email to forward on the Mac Barens email, they could paste it into this thread. Moderators?

• Haha
Reactions: craig61a
Status
Not open for further replies.