PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

adzpipes

Lurker
Sep 8, 2011
There have been a heap of these going around - they are resin and the stem is acrylic the guy who makes them does not sell them as meers but I think a few have got in the hands of clueless eBayers and they are selling them as the real deal....
they are worth £30 tops and must smoke dreadful as the ones for sale are used - I know of some pipe club member who bought one and he is on the fence how it smokes at the moment !
This is one live at the mo -

eBay Skull Pipe NOT meer!
fakeskullmeerebay3.jpg

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Wow... No offense, but that really just screams fake... Tell your friends if they want one like that; just send the pics to a decent carver. Oh and welcome to the forums; if I haven't welcomed you already.

adzpipes

Lurker
Sep 8, 2011
Yeah exactly - I just found another sold on ebay and a few of us have contacted these sellers who MAY be unaware of the fact this aint a meer, as they are not predominantly pipe sellers (the one above IS but he is hopeless)
Thanks - I have been so busy - I joined a while back and didn't do much else - so I thought I had better update a few sites I joined :lol:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have not bought a pipe on ebay because it takes time and study (if you'll pardon the expression) to

learn how that works. I'm not that intrigued with getting on paypal, though I guess that's pretty routine.

What I have noticed in my excursion to embay is that you have to wade through a lot of flea market

cheapie pipes to find the 10-20% that are authentic, and then it is not always easy to tell what you're

getting -- condition, age, etc. I know many Forums members use ebay regularly and make intelligent

purchases, some of them excellent buys. But for the untrained and unwary, there is a world of cheapie,

junky, drawer stuffers out there. I'd say, go slow and make sure you know what you are getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.