PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
When you get into the White Spot Never-Never-Land of price, you don't know where you are. If you order a Sav or a Pete, even if you go high end, you somewhat know what you're getting and how much it should cost. New White Spots aren't priced like comparable pipes, so you don't know where you are. It's like Florida real estate.
I love the analogy!

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
Good question! These days, is there a difference between Belarus, Nigeria and Texas?

Here in the PacNW, 'No' - the natives don't know the difference. I've sat next to locals at the bar and had to listen to all sorts of nonsense about Texas, from people who had only been through the DFW or IAH airports. They also know all about the deep South from their overnight business trip to Atlanta. I assume they would be just as knowledgeable about Nigeria and Belarus.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Here in the PacNW, 'No' - the natives don't know the difference. I've sat next to locals at the bar and had to listen to all sorts of nonsense about Texas, from people who had only been through the DFW or IAH airports. They also know all about the deep South from their overnight business trip to Atlanta. I assume they would be just as knowledgeable about Nigeria and Belarus.
The south begins when restaurants offer chitlins on the breakfast menu.

In the Ozarks no native eats chitlins.

Our iced tea puts the unwary in a diabetic coma, though.

And we don’t use French Dressing, it’s Ott’s.:)

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
The south begins when restaurants offer chitlins on the breakfast menu.

In the Ozarks no native eats chitlins.

Our iced tea puts the unwary in a diabetic coma, though.

And we don’t use French Dressing, it’s Ott’s.:)

Still have never had chitlins, or even seen it on a menu; however, my Mother says she loved it growing up - my g-grandfather used to make it for her. When we went to North Louisiana to visit relatives, we were always eating stuff that the PacNW'erners wouldn't believe. One rule we had was that if you killed it, you had to clean and eat it. My little brother was pretty proud of hitting a woodpecker with his .22...until he had to clean and eat it.