PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I agree with. I did try to change the title and I did also try just to delete the thread. Do you know how to do that? thanks
I don’t think we can. Maybe a mod can help. You can hit the “report” button on your first post and ask one to do it.

Reactions: BROBS

Cigar Salute

Lurker
Apr 26, 2020
I live in the US and a friend of mine bought some cigars from cigar one.com I have also thought they have had a good reputation and sold legit products. I am now not sure. I’ll include some pictures. Notice the placement of the republica de Cuba label and how it’s covering the letter C. Also the head on the wax paper is not lined up. All of the micro numbers were scratched off. I dissected one of the cigars and as far as I can tell it looks good but I would like some feedback if there are any red flags.
Has anyone had trouble with cigarone? The price that was paid for these cigars was not a fake price. I also believe that the cigars did have a triple cap. What do you think? View attachment 26448
CigarOne is a legit dealer of authentic Cuban cigars. They receive 90% of their product from the Swiss authorized regional distributor. They have very high QC standards. If you remove the cigars from the box, you can take a hair dryer to the lid and heat the health warning sticker to remove it without peeling the warranty seal under it. There is a microserial present that the health warning sticker is covering that will allow you to verify the box. I caught FinestCubanCigars dead to rights last year selling fake Cohiba. Dr Joe was my Cuban cigars mentor so-to-speak, but unfortunately, he's been out of the cigar game for almost 5 years. much has changed in that time. You can watch my video on FCC on my YouTube channel...link is below! CigarOne is absolutely legit though...Fear not!

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
CigarOne is a legit dealer of authentic Cuban cigars. They receive 90% of their product from the Swiss authorized regional distributor. They have very high QC standards. If you remove the cigars from the box, you can take a hair dryer to the lid and heat the health warning sticker to remove it without peeling the warranty seal under it. There is a microserial present that the health warning sticker is covering that will allow you to verify the box. I caught FinestCubanCigars dead to rights last year selling fake Cohiba. Dr Joe was my Cuban cigars mentor so-to-speak, but unfortunately, he's been out of the cigar game for almost 5 years. much has changed in that time. You can watch my video on FCC on my YouTube channel...link is below! CigarOne is absolutely legit though...Fear not!

I really miss Dr. Joe, digging your video, thanks for the link.

Mrhopk1ns

Lurker
Apr 14, 2020

Thanks very much for the info! I’ll check out that video. I have checked with a UV flashlight before and seen the hidden seal as well on the cigar box. I’m looking forward to trying the heat gun trick.

Reactions: briarbuck

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I was very interested in Cubans for awhile but only bought one box from a Hong Kong dealer, and I think they were genuine.

But I soured on buying more given the layers of the "chain of custody" through which the cigars had to pass, none of which were in my hands.

First, I am trusting the guy wh directed me to the retailer. I don't know this guy except that he and I were on there same cigar forum.
Second, where did this guy get the information. Who did he trust?
Third, I have to trust the dealer himself. Does he sell fakes?
Fourth, I have to trust however many middlemen who supply the dealer.
Fifth, I have to trust the Cuban supplier.

To me, this is far too much trust, especially as fine cigars are made in Latin America and the Dominican Republic. Also Cuban quality plummeted in the cigar boom, and from what I read only a handful of Cuban brands could be said to have survived it with quality intact. Given these items, it made no sense to me to continue to seek out these cigars.

Reactions: Briar Baron
Status
Not open for further replies.