PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
Anyone heard from fadingdaylight? I haven't seen him around in a couple months. He was a daily regular.
Hope all is well, Brother.

Jan 8, 2013
My apologies gentlemen, I have been really busy with life and Army nonsense lately. It is looking like my last day will be in the third week of July, so my wife and I have been busy trying to make plans and coordinate where we are going, etc. There is so much to do and plan that I find myself rather overwhelmed. I didn't even realize how long it had been since I signed in. A few weeks from now things will start to smooth over, but for right now, life is pretty hectic. My pipes have been my saving grace of late, although I have less time to smoke them, I still end up out on the porch with a pipe (and even a few cigars, lately) every evening trying to wind my mind down a bit.
Getting out has got to be one of the most difficult things I have ever done, when you move from post to post, you know the system will be there to help you on the other end. This time, it is all on me, so I have to be sure I am planning correctly. Stress, stress, stress. But, this is the hard part. Once the transition part is over and life is all setup on the flipside, things are going to get a lot better for me and the family. My wife has even agreed that, since I volunteered for this last deployment to save money for a new motorcycle (then sold my old, and wound up coming home with a messed up hand, unable to ride), that I can go ahead and get one once we get settled.
Oh, and one more tough decision, what tobacco and pipe do I choose for right after I sign out for good? Suggestions?

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
Glad to hear you are well, Jason. It is stressful going through all that out-processing and getting your new life in order. It's good that you are giving it the attention it requires. Hope things balance out soon. Best of luck, and glad to hear you are well.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Glad things are going well and I was wondering where you were? Thanks to you and another piper I am now an ODF convert and I love it best in my cobs. Good luck with your rotation and it'll be great having you back.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Good luck Jason - just keep plugging at it and the time will come around, whether you're ready or not! Great that your wife is there and helping out; a lot of guys don't have that support. Many congratulations on your service and I hope you get to enjoy the bittersweet sensation of moving on to the next stage of your life. Andy

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks guys, I imagine it probably won't be as bad as I anticipate, it's just that with it all looming over me right now, it feels awfully overwhelming. We're ready though, and really looking forward to our new life. The one where I can finally order tobacco online...

Status
Not open for further replies.