Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

filmguerilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2022
Memphis, Tennessee
My main pipes are pretty much Petersons and Savinelli. I prefer a big bowl and gravitate towards inexpensive Sav KS/EX shapes and a couple of the bigger Petes (B42, XL's). I do have nicer pipes, including a few commissions, but I'd be lying if I said I smoked them near as much as my Petes and Savs.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Reputable brand factory pipes are rather reliable smokers. Chances are pretty good you need further practice. Custom pipes are just that. You get to suggest the things you want, and as long as the artisan is willing.. Providing price come to an agreement, you get your pipe after some wait.

Peterson pipes fit my need perfectly. So does MM cobs. No need to anything more expensive.

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
Generally speaking, you're getting more precise craftsmanship, better materials, better drilling, and a nicer finish when you pay more. There are some cheap factory pipes (Lorenzo, Rossi, Ropp, etc) that will absolutely give you a great smoke, so I wouldn't assume that cheap means that it won't smoke well - or that expensive means that it will, for that matter.