PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I can't say enough about the new site.

It's as if you thought everything through and every step of the way to provide the fullest functionality possible. No matter where I am, what I would want to do has been made available. For instance, I was ar the bottom of a thread and wanted to return to the top. I thought, "I guess this means that I have to scroll a good bit to get there. Wouldn't it be good if there was a way to get to the top by a button?" Then I saw the up and down arrows. Not a big deal, but certaionl.y a good feature. I find this same thoughtfulness throughout the site. Kudos!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
fullest functionality possible
That's been the opposite of my experience. The old format was quick on my phone. Load times now are sluggish and photos take nearly a full minute to load where they were instantaneous on the old album. Still like the company though, just wish the improved format was easier on my phone. :(

Reactions: BROBS and aquadoc

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
That's been the opposite of my experience. The old format was quick on my phone. Load times now are sluggish and photos take nearly a full minute to load where they were instantaneous on the old album. Still like the company though, just wish the improved format was easier on my phone. :(
I agree that the phone experience is much slower...but all I have is time it seems. But, it is light years faster/easier to use on my computer. My only gripe, and it is a small one, is the inability to search on 3 or 4 letter words/acronyms/initials...but there is an easy workaround. All in all, I am grateful that the site is here and that Kevin and his team spent so much time and thought to put it together.

Reactions: BROBS

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
But the background remains crap-colored brown...anyway to change that? Maybe cheer it up a little? A little red or green wouldn't hurt you know.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Ember, is it your phone or your phone service? You could hotspot your phone internet and get a chromebook to run off that, if it is your phone that is slowing you down.

I only mention that because we were initially holed up in the mountains of AZ for the covid thing. We had to trek home because my phone could not do what I needed done to teach online (the device, not the data flow). My plan is old and prevented me from using a mobile hotspot to run my computer off my phone and ordering a hotspot device was going to take too long.

Maybe this is an option for you? A hotspot that powers a chromebook or similar device with expanded capabilities?

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Then I promise you, that it's not the site. It's your phone. Or your internet. I have A 4 year old phone, with crappy internet, and it still loads faster than I can process.

Status
Not open for further replies.