PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I erred on the Balkan Sobranie name. The black tin was Balkan Sobranie #759, I believe.
Bob

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
Magnum Opus, Beverwyck, Sunjammer, Ambassador and now White Knight have all been great smokes.

The only one I still haven't tried that I'd like to is Black House.

I am a huge Beverwyck fan. Sunjammer is decent, and I went through an Ambassador phase. Have Sunjammer and Ambassador on long term cellar duty, currently. Magnum Opus didn't do much for me, and the Black House didn't either. However, I was sent a double order of Black House on accident by PipesandCigars.com (I told them they doubled the order, and the replied, in essence. "you should go buy a lottery ticket, have a good smoke on us", so 4 ounces are cellaring for the long term, so maybe it will improve to my tastes over time.
I think if I had to take just one or two tobaccos to the desert island, it would be Beverwyck and Mazatec.
May have to try the White Knight.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Sounds like besides Black House I better add Mazatec to my list as well ... thanks portascat!

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
The IPSD sample of White Knight was great, I look forward to trying the MM blends all of them, maybe Great Dane will be the first Cherry Aromatic that I try.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
Sounds like besides Black House I better add Mazatec to my list as well ... thanks portascat!
Mazatec is what I would call English Aromatic. Think the Lord of the Rings type blends at Just For Him.
Smooth, well blended, nice note, flavorful without being a knockout on the latakia or orientals. Great for a cup of coffee or an evening smoke. Also good for smoking around folks whom you might like to please with room note.
The Beverwyck, to me, is a bit sharper and has a nice bite with the Perique. Totally different type of smoke, and even texture. Beverwyck actually changes a bit from bowl to bowl, due the the textures involved in the blend. But, a very good and solid smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.