PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
So, no rules for seller to be restricted from selling more items? How unfortunate. Appears bumped more sales today… really?

I certainly wouldn’t be interested in purchasing anything from that person. Not really that hard to figure out who it is…

PM me your address. I will send you a jar of Margate to replace the busted one. Can’t be sure it will match date…but, Merry Christmas. Christmas cheer still exists and this a-hole can’t beat it.

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Nope, he refused.
This is wrong piled upon wrong. I am very sorry this happened to you.
I hope whoever was stupid enough to ship like this and will not make their mistake right is exposed for what they are.
This also hurts any who occasionally trade or sell here because it all based on trust and trust is easily damaged and difficult to repair.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
First, file a dispute with your credit card company. This is a MUST DO, they are very reasonable. Just explain what happened with names, addresses, and dates of contact, briefly and concisely.

Second, it's worth filing a dispute with PayPal.

Third, file a complaint with the USPS Postal Inspector (or other shipper if different).

If you're still feeling energetic, file a complaint with the state attorney general in both your state and the sender's state. You could also file a complaint with the Federal Fair Trade Commission (FTC) and the US Attorney General. If you and the sender are in different states, you could even file with the FBI and ask if they can investigate it as fraud.

This will take you maybe half an hour for all of the above, and only about 15 minutes for the first three. Once you have a brief, concise write-up of what happened, you just search online for each complaint form and fill it out. Remember, you've pre-paid for all of this with your tax dollars and indirect fees. There are lots of federal and state laws and regulations which the seller may have broached, which works in your favor in recovering your payment.

Save the box it was shipped in, and a screen print of the seller's initial offering (I have a copy if you need it, just DM me).

But at a minimum, file a complaint with your credit card provider, PayPal, and USPS Postal Inspector.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Not defending the seller/shipper's practice of shipping naked bottles, but that Margate I would smoke up. Assuming the black garbage bag had no cruddy contamination on it, the tobacco if anything might be a little dried out - but that's how I like most of my tobaccos anyway, including the Eso Lats. Even if there was a little broken glass mixed in, it wouldn't hurt the smoking properties. I would just be careful when packing the pipe, maybe using a tamper rather than my fingers.

hp
les

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Not defending the seller/shipper's practice of shipping naked bottles, but that Margate I would smoke up. Assuming the black garbage bag had no cruddy contamination on it, the tobacco if anything might be a little dried out - but that's how I like most of my tobaccos anyway, including the Eso Lats. Even if there was a little broken glass mixed in, it wouldn't hurt the smoking properties. I would just be careful when packing the pipe, maybe using a tamper rather than my fingers.

hp
les
A glass-forward blend...I like it! puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.