PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

twosheds1

Lurker
Oct 20, 2016
I picked up a pipe at an estate sale last week, and I was wondering if someone could help me identify it. I looked for it on that pipephil.eu site and couldn't find anything. Here it is:

It says "The Pipe" on the side. I removed the stem for cleaning. Thanks!

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
They were made for Venturi from resin and had a pyrolitic graphite chamber. They were quite heavy, hot to handle, and gurgled a lot. The stems were plastic and used an o-ring for a seal. The only reason that they sold well is the color palette. They came in a wide variety of bold colors. My first pipe was a The Pipe pot in red. I only smoked a few bowls in it before I bought a briar.
Russ

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Thanks, Russ. I learned something today, thus making it worth leaving bed.
Pyrolitic graphite is a theoretically fire-resistant carbon polymer often used in missile nose cones.
jay-roger.jpg

twosheds1

Lurker
Oct 20, 2016
They were made for Venturi from resin and had a pyrolitic graphite chamber. They were quite heavy, hot to handle, and gurgled a lot. The stems were plastic and used an o-ring for a seal. The only reason that they sold well is the color palette. They came in a wide variety of bold colors. My first pipe was a The Pipe pot in red. I only smoked a few bowls in it before I bought a briar.
Interesting. The color is what drew me to it, too.
You should throw that thing in the trash and forget you ever saw it.

Why? I doubt I'll ever smoke it, but I like it and I think it looks cool. I only paid $5 for it, so I'm happy with it regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.