PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
You are going to get an endless list of vapers. I like Sixpence and Stonehenge in addition to most of the thing listed in this thread.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Hello and welcome from London.

My favorites are St James plug and Cabbies Mixture.
Also Old Gowrie on occasion.
St James Plug is amazing with a few years of age on it. It goes really dark and has a wonderful smell when you open the jar. I cellared a 250g block about 4 years ago.
I haven't cellared any Cabbies yet, I keep meaning to as I bet that improves with age.
I really like Marlin Flake and Wessex Sovereign Curly cut is nice with its cider topping but sadly they don't sell it in the UK.
Gawith louisiana Flake has a slight chocolate topping and is pretty tasty and then there's Samuel Gawith Spring Time Flake which is aged in Sherry Barrels, that's another one that I don't think they're making anymore. Luckily I got a couple of tins before they sold out.

Jun 25, 2021
England
St James Plug is amazing with a few years of age on it. It goes really dark and has a wonderful smell when you open the jar. I cellared a 250g block about 4 years ago.
I haven't cellared any Cabbies yet, I keep meaning to as I bet that improves with age.
I really like Marlin Flake and Wessex Sovereign Curly cut is nice with its cider topping but sadly they don't sell it in the UK.
Gawith louisiana Flake has a slight chocolate topping and is pretty tasty and then there's Samuel Gawith Spring Time Flake which is aged in Sherry Barrels, that's another one that I don't think they're making anymore. Luckily I got a couple of tins before they sold out.
I'm not sure how old the plugs of st. James are that I've already got.
I ordered them from mysmokingshop and they don't have any health warnings on the packet.
That could make them rather old indeed, perfect condition and properly moist all the same.
Same with FVP.
Both smell and taste great though.

At the risk of verbal harm from @cosmicfolklore 's wrath, :) I WILL mention one that has not been said that I believe deserves a place on the VaPer shelf. Peterson's Elizabethan Mixture. It's an excellent all-day VaPer.

I nearly worship the ashes @jiminks pipes discard, but I believe this blend did not do well in his reviews. It's about the only blend I really like that he did not. It's readily available, reasonably priced and good quality.

At the risk of verbal harm from @cosmicfolklore 's wrath, :) I WILL mention one that has not been said that I believe deserves a place on the VaPer shelf. Peterson's Elizabethan Mixture. It's an excellent all-day VaPer.
EM is a good one. I just never set back much of it. What kind of wrath have I ever had? I have shrugged off 10 insults per any insult I have ever given.

• Haha
Reactions: ram74 and seanv
REF. Post #17 this thread (with a tongue in my cheek) :) I thought it might fall in the same category as Eskid-O (bleh!) puffy

EDIT:

I freely admit I am a poser. That makes me special :)
I don't care if others like it. I was just shocked that five newbies just getting into pipes hadn't jumped in the thread about Escudo. If someone did say they liked it, I most certainly wouldn't have scolded them.
The only thing you have to be careful of is tagging me in a post. I'll most certainly reply, ha ha.

Reactions: sandollars

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
I really love GLP’s Fillmore and Stratford. I fell in love with Stratford first, as it just kisses the spectrum of being a Va/per. Has just a touch of Perique. I happened to get 2 tins of the initial release date in 2003. Sublime. I have many more 8oz tins from 2-3 years ago aging.
Fillmore is in the other end od the spectrum. Lots of perique and red VA. Super bold but so good. Let it age a bit and you’ve got yourself a real winner.

KingcobraJFS

Lurker
Sep 22, 2021
I really love GLP’s Fillmore and Stratford. I fell in love with Stratford first, as it just kisses the spectrum of being a Va/per. Has just a touch of Perique. I happened to get 2 tins of the initial release date in 2003. Sublime. I have many more 8oz tins from 2-3 years ago aging.
Fillmore is in the other end od the spectrum. Lots of perique and red VA. Super bold but so good. Let it age a bit and you’ve got yourself a real winner.
I have Fillmore and Telegraph hill waiting in my cart for whenever I feel like ordering again. I also added C&D'Souza Red Carpet because I really enjoy Opening Night.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
Tordenskjold Virgina Slices from dans is one of my favorites. Treasures of Ireland Limerick is another good one they have. Try those, not very perique heavy.

Reactions: ram74