PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't like flippers, then just don't buy from them. I've never ever bought from a flipper.
I was always amazed at concerts. I never actually went to a concert without a ticket. It used to be that a ticket was $30, but scalpers would be out front selling tickets for over $100. Who was actually fighting traffic, fighting for parking, where you'd have to walk a quarter of a mile, to a show that they didn't buy a ticket for? Who does that? But, someone out there was buying, or they wouldn't have had a market. Let those folks that want to get screwed, get screwed. If someone is too lazy to get into the fight for the stuff, and they have more money than sense, let them.
I mean, what else are you going to do? I am fairly sure that there is a law against someone selling tobaccos without a license already. What more? Beating them up? ha ha.

Reactions: OSOBUCO

The Algerian

Might Stick Around
Jul 6, 2022
Golden Valley, AZ
Someone said, "If you don't like flippers, then just don't buy from them."

Duh!

Double Duh!

But then, given flippers bought up all the tobacco being sold to folks, just who is left to get the goods?

So, what you are really saying is, "Hey, the supply was bought up by a bunch of F@#$ heads, and if you don't like it, do without."

Wow, that's some wisdom.

Of course we will do without, we don't have the F@#$'n money to but the product at the extreme prices it is being offered by the scalpers, and more to the point, we wouldn't do so any way.

Great advice.

But hey, what else is new?

How about this, "Flippers suck....."

LOL, I had too much fun typing this out.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I doubt that the percentage of product getting into the hands of scalpers is all that high. People have been complaining about not being able to find any Esoterica long before there was a much of a secondary market. If all they tried were a few online shops, a tiny percentage of the total distribution, they were going to have difficulties. If they did what many of us did, establish customer relationships with B&Ms, they were going to find product to buy.

A couple of hundred bags going up at auction or through aftermarket sites is still a relatively small amount. I'm not even looking for the stuff and I was offered active leads, could have bought bags without breaking a sweat. I made the effort to develop relationships which i continued to use to buy Esoterica blends for friends long after I stopped buying for myself. At this point we are all done.

The majority of buyers from aftermarket sellers are from outside the US, where aftermarket sites are about the only way to buy some for themselves.

A member here told me to forget about online shops and develop customer relationships with B&Ms that carry these blends. Great advice. No problem buying what I wanted over the years. I and others on this forum have offered the same advice because it works.

Any other games being played in the marketplace, and there are always some, are more at the edges.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Someone said, "If you don't like flippers, then just don't buy from them."

Duh!

Double Duh!

But then, given flippers bought up all the tobacco being sold to folks, just who is left to get the goods?

So, what you are really saying is, "Hey, the supply was bought up by a bunch of F@#$ heads, and if you don't like it, do without."

Wow, that's some wisdom.

Of course we will do without, we don't have the F@#$'n money to but the product at the extreme prices it is being offered by the scalpers, and more to the point, we wouldn't do so any way.

Great advice.

But hey, what else is new?

How about this, "Flippers suck....."

LOL, I had too much fun typing this out.
15 years ago, Special Latakia Flake, Kingfisher and Krumble Kake were hard to get.
They’re still hard to get.
The Chinese weren’t buying a bunch of tobacco then, and the number of resellers was about the same.
It’s just hard to get.
Flippers are an easy target for your frustration, but it’s a pretty small percentage of the output.

Most venues limited their sales per customer. Sure, I bet some flippers knew how to game that, but we see enough people out there smoking Esotericas to know that they aren't getting all of it. This sounds a little paranoid. And, many B&Ms weren't even allowing Esotericas to be bought online. Last time I was in The Briary they still had piles of Esotericas and Germains. I just didn't care to buy any of it. But, if someone wanted some, they could just get up off their couch and go looking or start making calls. If you don't want to do that, then....
Cry Me A River GIFs | Tenor

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
Sellers dont determine the prices, buyers do. Go look at the auction sites, its the buyers that determine what something is worth when they bid up the price.

Reactions: kanaia
Status
Not open for further replies.