Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2012
Tilbury was an early favorite of mine, I still like it but don't smoke it as often as I used to, I have a pretty good pile of tins because it was once easily available and I bought a good many...
...currently in stock at PP,

although a bit spendy...

http://www.paylesspipes.com/items.php?deptid=4&styleid=458

...it's a better value than the fake British stuff the Danes are peddling for the same price.
:puffy:

May 31, 2012
I've never tried it either, sounds like a total hit or miss,

an intriguing description it has.
Of the lesser known Eso's, I really like Hastings.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Tilbury isn't quite as great as if hoped. Don't get me wrong, it's REALLY good tobacco, but not great.

That's how I feel about all their tobacco, really. I prefer the Smokers Haven line much more than the Esoterica and SH line is mostly all still available! It's a crazy world we live in.
I do want to try Blackpool though, I'm just not willing to pay $40 to try a bowl.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
SH has Exotique available on their website. The best of the best as far as I'm concerned. I'm told they MIGHT get one last shipment of Our Best Blend before Aug 8th.

May 31, 2012
I prefer the Smokers Haven line much more than the Esoterica and SH line is mostly all still available! It's a crazy world we live in.
I agree it's a crazy world.
But I find the Esoterica line "better" because they have a wider available range,

Smoker's Haven is stuck in Latakialand.
It'd be absolutely wonderful if SH added to their portfolio something similar to Stonehaven, like with double the burley to make it a bit more stout, like at the other end of the spectrum from JFG's Rich Dark Flake.

I'd be totally stoked about that!
Of course,

it'd continually be sold out though.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
But I find the Esoterica line "better" because they have a wider available range,

Smoker's Haven is stuck in Latakialand.
It'd be absolutely wonderful if SH added to their portfolio something similar to Stonehaven,

Yes, yes... All their blends are Latakia blends and I sure wish they would add some other non Latakia blends to the line. An extra stout Stonehaven sounds amazing! That's my main complaint about it, it's just too light! So my favorite from the Esoterica line is still just mediocre to me but my favorite from SH is absolutely brilliant (Exotique). Cognac Mixture is a close second to Exotique and it blows Pembroke out of the water!!! Penzance really doesn't do much for me but I do enjoy it so I keep it around. Again it's a good blend but far from being great, when it comes to my tastes.
By the way, I have heard that Our Best Blend = Balkan Sobranie and Exotique = Balkan Sobranie 759.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I still haven't tried it, like I said before, I'm waiting till winter to crack open my tins, but I certainly can't imagine OBB being any better than Exotique. It was hyped up so much because it wasn't available anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.