Esoterica / Penzance In Stock At Cupojoes!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
Just saw a Facebook post that Esoterica blends are in stock at CupOJoes. I know there are a lot of people looking for it. As of this post, Penzance is still stock. I just got my bag.
-John :puffy:

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
I've got a couple of pounds in the cellar that already have about 4 years on them. I just needed a few ounces to smoke.
No, it's not the end-all tobacco to me that some people make it out to be, but I do rather enjoy a bowl or two of it! :puffy:

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
Ooooo, missed out. Thanks for the information though! I'll have to start following cupOjoes I suppose! The hunt continues! :puffpipe:

I wish that there was a cooler name for Penzance. Every time I hear the word "Penzance," I think of girly pirates prissing around in petticoats and singing show tunes. Why couldn't they have had a cool name for it, like Cockstrong, or Bull Spit, or Maverick, or Rooster Smoke? Something that doesn't have so much singing, dancing, and ruffles.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
+1 for Maverick, maybe Matterhorn.
I'm not sure why the blend was named Penzance, or even the origin of the word, but I get to drive past a little town (which keeps reminding me of my failed attempt to procure some of it) a couple of times a month.
SK_2001773.gif

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I've got a bit of a stock of penzance in my basement and would have bought another bag of it if I wasn't in NY. I refuse to pay the 75% state tax on tobacco since both Cup O Joes and myself are both in NY I'd be required to pay for it.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Sold out in record time. In the meantime, it's sold under its generic name of "Mixture 79" through many online tobacconists.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
"Sold out in record time. In the meantime, it's sold under its generic name of "Mixture 79" through many online tobacconists. "
Good lead, thanks!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I'm not sure that Margate isn't better than Penzance.....
And the name? Steve Richman who first imported Esoterica to the US suggested names, some of which are on the Cornwall coast, Penzance being the Westernmost of them. (And Gilbert and Sullivan came much later than the town).
Besides, I am on a Buy American campaign. For starters, there's Wilke, H+H, GLPease and Standard Tobacco of PA, in order of longevity—insofar as I know. And must have left some out through ignorance. All have great tobaccos; let's support our troops and our local blenders!

Status
Not open for further replies.