PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
All esoterica was OOS by the time I jumped on. But I did get a tin of Sobranie which has been eluding me. There is a 1 tin limit. Which is fine because the price of it sucked. 20 bucks, 6 to ship and now a $2 PA tax, so yeah I just paid $28 for a tin like a douchebag.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
All esoterica was OOS by the time I jumped on. But I did get a tin of Sobranie which has been eluding me. There is a 1 tin limit. Which is fine because the price of it sucked. 20 bucks, 6 to ship and now a $2 PA tax, so yeah I just paid $28 for a tin like a douchebag.
At least you got the tin. They're $45 on the secondary market.
Personally, I can't stand the stuff. Tastes nothing like actual Balkan Sobranie, which I smoked quite a bit in the '70's and '80's.

The power of a famous name...

Reactions: mawnansmiff

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
At least you got the tin. They're $45 on the secondary market.
Personally, I can't stand the stuff. Tastes nothing like actual Balkan Sobranie, which I smoked quite a bit in the '70's and '80's.

The power of a famous name...
Yeah, I hear the older pipe smokers echo your sentiment once in a while. I just wanted to try it and evaluate it just for what it is. I do not have the older version as a measuring stick so I guess I have that going for me. I wouldn’t pay secondary market prices for anything that is currently on the market, albeit in limited quantity- look how the douchebags douched up bourbon - I can’t partake in such lunacy.