PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I just lit up my first bowl of it, I love it, but it is much spicier than I though it was going to be.
I look forward to my next bowl

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Never had erinmore so I cant comment on that, It is similar to navy flake, but with a bit more spice and it doesnt have that flavor that navyflake has, that fruityness I guess. It has similar tastes and burning qualities but with more spice and earth. It is very good. Not an everyday for me, but maybe an after dinner. Similar to luxury bullseye flake but just a tad tastier.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I have to say I would buy it again, the only thing I dont like is that its 10 bucks and you get about 2 dozen coins, I am smoking my smallest pipe next to a cob and it took a coin and a half, not very economic.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Personally I like orlik better and its half the price, but I dont mind keeping it for an occasional savory blend

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
It's a lot more "peppery" or spicy than erinmore. A lot more depth in flavor. I found erinmore to be more lemon or sour, but in a good way. I would say almost more grassy or hay-like than escudo.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Escudo...there is no substitute. No other Va/per has that Escudo earth and spice mixture.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
I saw a buyer walking around the pipe show in NJ yesterday with a whole sleeve of vintage Escudo that he just bought from someone. Didn't dare ask what he paid for it, but sure would've like to have seen it first!!!

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
It deserves a dedicated pipe ,less it loses some of the subtleties . There is magic in some of the older blends and that is why they are still around in one form or another .

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
I like it. To my palate it has sort of a unique flavor profile for a VaPer.

A definite must try.

I also like how easily it rubs out.

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
I'll have to order some escudo in to compare and contrast with Orlik's Bullseyes. I wont put anything against it since they're so similar.

standardgewehr

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2011
I usually order a tin or two in every tobacco order "just to make sure."
The flavor, the presentation, the smoking characteristics right out of the tin... An instant classic if it wasn't already so!
This is a benchmark tobacco. Even if you don't like it, at least you'll have definitively quantified your tastes. Cellar for a year and revisit... You may find your tastes have re-quantified you! :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.