PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
"You are assuming I'm a grown man. Pipe repairmen are perpetual kids. (Hmmm... I wonder what's in THIS box?! Oh, goodie, goodie, goodie... Look at THAT!) "
I think I have a place for you out in my shed :)

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
"You are assuming I'm a grown man. Pipe repairmen are perpetual kids. (Hmmm... I wonder what's in THIS box?! Oh, goodie, goodie, goodie... Look at THAT!) "
I think I have a place for you out in my shed :)
Oh my... I think I just figured out where the "clickclick" handle comes from...
The padlock.
j1x6R0i.png

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
What is scary is that you know we've both seen much worse!
Indeed we have. I was sent a TWICE SMOKED $4000 Joura a few years ago that was as deeply burned as this thread's ODA. Why did the guy send it to me, knowing it wasn't fixable? He wanted me to back up his claim that the pipe was made of "inferior wood" and so ought to be replaced free of charge.
I wish I was kidding. :lol:

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Lol the shed reference is to my workshop thread on pmf.
Ah... of course. That's it. Your workshop shed. Of course that's what you meant. I believe you... We ALL believe you.
(Except for the FBI's profilers, that is. Subconscious onomatopoeia is one of the things they look for. :lol: )

Sep 23, 2015
Georgia
OUCH! That's about all I can think of to say. It's a shame, bordering on criminal, in my opinion. I don't know if it can be rendered smoke-able again, but even if it is possible, it will never be the same as it was. RIP to a good pipe.

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Usually that type of internal abuse is accompanied by external signs of abuse as well, such as heavy teeth marks. Perplexing and sickening at the same time! It would be good to get Dave to chime in on this as he has done magic with many a ruined pipe.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That is sad. I've used "mortar repair" (sodium silicate based material, $7 for a tub at Lowes) for wall repairs for that type of issue. Cake builds pretty quickly over the repair material. It will never be perfect, but perhaps made smokeable.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Smoking outdoors comes to mind.
Exactly. I bought an entire collection of really decent looking pipes once. They all had wind screens because the guy only smoked outdoors. Every single stinkin one of em had charred walls once you reamed back the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.