SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mar 1, 2014
Everything in the Rose Geranium department seems a bit faded of recent. I checked with a fellow poster on here and he confirmed that Ennerdale was lighter than in past years.
Did we get any tins with the last round?

My experience seven years ago was Bulk samples were very different from Tins.

The poor blenders at GH are probably pulling their hair out wondering what people actually enjoy when for most of the history of Internet Pipe Forums they've got nothing but negativity for ranking high on the sauce scale.

Reactions: Casual

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Oh Ennerdale, amazing stuff!

I have a 7 year tin, it is heaven, very different from the last east release SPC did.

This has inspired me to light up a bowl of the old stuff, and give some note reviews.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
The poor blenders at GH are probably pulling their hair out wondering what people actually enjoy when for most of the history of Internet Pipe Forums they've got nothing but negativity for ranking high on the sauce scale.
Is that so? The sauces are intense, hence reactions to them are intense and vocal as well. The way they sell at SP.com tells me the lovers of Lakeland sauces are alive and well :)

Alex.Jr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2020
Smoking it for the first time now. Took a long time to pull the trigger because of what people said.

I’ll say this, it’s awesome. Don’t be scared by the usual soapy or granny type of reviews.

The one thing I have never understood about pipe forums…. Well, the one most prevalent to me at the moment…. Is that there is a hard to find blend because it sells out so damn fast, you finally get some by being in the right place, right time…. And you LOVE it. Then you come on here to pitch it, what, hoping to further increase demand for it so you’ll guarantee that you’ll never ever find it again? If people don’t like my blends that I love dearly, I THANK YOU, not admonish you. Anything other than that is stupid.
It’s like people work against their own best interest, for what? Getting people to agree with you?

And people criticize me for my posts, for what? Being real? And people think I don’t understand economics. If you all were smart, you’d just let people NOT like it. It’s ok to not like something. It’s the best thing you could do to ensure you’ll be able to find more of this aromatic stuff later on. puffy

Mar 1, 2014
The one thing I have never understood about pipe forums…. Well, the one most prevalent to me at the moment…. Is that there is a hard to find blend because it sells out so damn fast, you finally get some by being in the right place, right time…. And you LOVE it. Then you come on here to pitch it, what, hoping to further increase demand for it so you’ll guarantee that you’ll never ever find it again? If people don’t like my blends that I love dearly, I THANK YOU, not admonish you. Anything other than that is stupid.
It’s like people work against their own best interest, for what? Getting people to agree with you?

And people criticize me for my posts, for what? Being real? And people think I don’t understand economics. If you all were smart, you’d just let people NOT like it. It’s ok to not like something. It’s the best thing you could do to ensure you’ll be able to find more of this aromatic stuff later on. puffy
You'd probably keep chocolate a secret from the world too.
I won't be happy until you can smell Ennerdale in every smoking lounge across America.

You'd probably keep chocolate a secret from the world too.
I won't be happy until you can smell Ennerdale in every smoking lounge across America.
That would be fine, of there were or ever will be enough Errendale to go around. But, you can’t and obviously never will understand how this all works. So, I’ve said my piece, and I will let you all go back to shooting yourselves in the foot. Obviously, limping makes you happy, ha ha. puffy

Mar 1, 2014
That would be fine, of there were or ever will be enough Errendale to go around. But, you can’t and obviously never will understand how this all works. So, I’ve said my piece, and I will let you all go back to shooting yourselves in the foot. Obviously, limping makes you happy, ha ha. puffy
Demand is limited, and relative to the Pipesmoking market the amount of tobacco in the world is infinite.
From what we've heard the bottleneck on current supply in America is the retailers just need to order more.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014

That's why my most favorite blends are never mentioned online. More than forum members view this site and my favorites are almost always in stock.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
This is a serious question, if you have a hunch: do you think it is because more people are buying, because people are buying MORE, or because MORE people are buying MORE of blends boosted here? My hunch is towards option c): more people are buying more because of some blends' rare/famous status, fear of missing out, and trying to hedge for the future, inadvertently screwing the rest. I've long thought that a tin/amount limit would at least curb casual buyers who can't be bothered to make 1000 additional gmail addresses, and somewhat help the situation.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore