PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamdat692

Lurker
Oct 5, 2019
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title - Bob

I’ve been wanting to get one for awhile, would love to see some pics of yours.

Reactions: diamondback

Jamdat692

Lurker
Oct 5, 2019
That about describes what I have going on at the moment, have my pipes in their pouches stacked in a cardboard box and a shelf full of tobacco. I would definitely like a display case for my growing pipe collection and a oak tobacco box to put a few go to pipes and tobaccos as well as a place for my lighters and tampers.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title - Bob

I’ve been wanting to get one for awhile, would love to see some pics of yours.

I’m imagining a cabinet with drawers at the bottom and a smaller display area at the top; glass swing-open doors with vertical pipe rests. That would be beautiful. I’ve also seen ‘tobacco cabinets’ that are more like a hutch or sideboard with drawers only.

One thing I’d really like is a wall mounted pipe cabinet (2nd pic):

My wife wouldn’t allow me to have a cabinet just for pipe display on the wall. That’s okay with me because the decorations, etc. inside our home are way more important to her than they are to me.

I did win a small battle in that I’m getting my late grandmother’s curio cabinet in a corner of the master bedroom and will be allowed to display my pipes in it.

Good luck in your hunt and please post pictures!

Reactions: Jamdat692

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
This one isn't mine (it's listed on a craigslist type website in the UK) but I think it's neat and has nice craftsmanship:

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

Jamdat692

Lurker
Oct 5, 2019
@shanez that is really cool, they seem to be much more prevalent in the uk. I’m in the middle of putting my house up for sale and buying a new home, our family is ever expanding. But I’m hoping to find something with a small office to call my tobacco den, until January-February I’m just looking. It amazes me what prices are on eBay for some of these oak cabinets! It would seem like I could have something made new for the price

Reactions: diamondback

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I think the best route is to talk to a local cabinet maker or craftsman and have him make one according to your specifications and needs. I'd wait till you're in your new house. No sense in buying the saddlebag before the horse.

Frozenoak

Can't Leave
Oct 9, 2019
Lake Elsinore, CA
I think the best route is to talk to a local cabinet maker or craftsman and have him make one according to your specifications and needs. I'd wait till you're in your new house. No sense in buying the saddlebag before the horse.
Here here! And there’s a fair chance it’ll cost you less.

gnarlybriar

Might Stick Around
Jun 11, 2009
Chesterfield, VA
I use, with wife's ok, a small, three drawer, chest of drawers for my pipes. with cloth lining the bottom of the drawers, the pipes are laid on their sides, yin and yang fashion. One drawer has three pipe racks the length of the drawer that allow the pipes to be at approximately a 45 degree (upright) angle. If I were to accumulate enough pipes to warrant the need for extra pipe storage, a make-shift shelf could be made to be over top of the pipes that lay in a drawer, making it a two-levels. But, Idon't have that many. It works in that the pipes are not out in the room - and the "awful smell" my wife use to complain about is contained, but there is just enough air passage for the pipes (I drilled a few discrete holes in the back of the chest). Tobacco? in a closet, in my shed (somewhat slightly heated in the winter), and in tubs under the house in the crawl space - stays above 55 degrees in the winter if you keep the vents closed.

Reactions: Jamdat692
Status
Not open for further replies.