PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2020
Elliston, Montana
I am 50 and switched to a pipe from cigarettes in March 2020. A lifelong cigarette smoker (35 yrs.), now ex-cigarette smoker, I haven't looked back. I am also a follower of Emmanuel.

I earnestly enjoy all aspects of piping, the pipes, tobacco, and people. So much to learn, explore and enjoy...I love it! It has become a way of life.

Right now I smoke mostly English and VaPer blends, but am still happily exploring.

For pipes, I like many, I have around 50, and am still exploring. My favorite pipe is a Danish Freehand made by an apprentice in Preben's shop sometime in the 60's. I like that one because of the story behind it... it's a good one, and I'm fortunate to have such a piece so early on in my adventure, AND it's an excellent puffer.

I truly enjoy and appreciate the show. I'm listening to current episodes and started listening to the past episodes as well, beginning with #1. Thanks for all your efforts!

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
I am 50 and switched to a pipe from cigarettes in March 2020. A lifelong cigarette smoker (35 yrs.), now ex-cigarette smoker, I haven't looked back. I am also a follower of Emmanuel.

I earnestly enjoy all aspects of piping, the pipes, tobacco, and people. So much to learn, explore and enjoy...I love it! It has become a way of life.

Right now I smoke mostly English and VaPer blends, but am still happily exploring.

For pipes, I like many, I have around 50, and am still exploring. My favorite pipe is a Danish Freehand made by an apprentice in Preben's shop sometime in the 60's. I like that one because of the story behind it... it's a good one, and I'm fortunate to have such a piece so early on in my adventure, AND it's an excellent puffer.

I truly enjoy and appreciate the show. I'm listening to current episodes and started listening to the past episodes as well, beginning with #1. Thanks for all your efforts!
Howdy and welcome, Scot! SC here. Yeah, lucky you are. :) I could never afford a PH when I was working in stores while he was still alive. I love 'em. Good to have you with us!

Bill

Nov 11, 2020
Elliston, Montana
Howdy and welcome, Scot! SC here. Yeah, lucky you are. :) I could never afford a PH when I was working in stores while he was still alive. I love 'em. Good to have you with us!

Bill

Thanks! Glad to be here, and I hope to contribute!

I didn't pay very much for that freehand, and I'm not sure who made it. I was very fortunate to hook up with a very fine man from GA (on a popular auction site) who has been smoking a pipe for 50 years. Long story, but we've become great friends. I've purchased many of his pipes and he has provided me with great information on all aspects of piping. Anyway, his uncle (also a piper) was a Gillette rep in Europe after serving in WWII and coincidentally met and became friends with Preben. He bought the pipe from Preben at Preben's shop, and now, somehow, graciously, I am loving it in a tiny Montana town. The piping world is interesting and entertaining to say the least!

Status
Not open for further replies.