PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockynrobyn

Lurker
Jun 26, 2018
Hi everyone.... so far my favourite tobacco is Dunhill’s Elizabethan Mixture. I order from 4noggins exclusively. I’m looking for something comparable to Elizabethan Mixture from 4noggins. If anyone can recommend something that’s as close as possible to E.M. and available at 4noggins, I would really appreciate it. I am aware of Sutliff’s Elizabethan match, and I’ll probably try it, but I’d like to try a few different blends. Right now I’m smoking Chenet’s cake, and while I do enjoy it’s is a little too strong for me.
Thanks everyone

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Keep in mind that the Elizabethan Match is a match of the Murray's version of this blend, and not the current manufacture. The Match has more character and a little more strength and complexity of flavors, but not enough to bowl you over.
Lane's 125th Anniversary is the only thing I can think of that's near the current Elizabethan.

rockynrobyn

Lurker
Jun 26, 2018
Thanks for the recommendation. I can’t seem to find it though at 4noggins.... maybe they don’t carry it anymore?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I don't know, but if you didn't see it, they must not be carrying it any more.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Thanks for the recommendation. I can’t seem to find it though at 4noggins.... maybe they don’t carry it anymore?

If you search you can find 1.75oz, 8oz and 5lbs of Lane 125th Anniversary (P&C, TP)

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
The YouTube pipe presenter Bradley on “stuff and things” has a series of his hunt for a replacement. Worth watching if you’re in the same boat. Personally Rattrays virginias are better in my opinion.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
The difficulty in making a recommendation here is the boundary condition you set, i.e.
I order from 4noggins exclusively. I’m looking for something comparable to Elizabethan Mixture from 4noggins.
IMO, if you like Elizabethan Mixture, you would probably like D&R's Rimboché A.P. You could also use SmokingPipes.com's Tobacco Locator to search for blends with similar ingredients.

rockynrobyn

Lurker
Jun 26, 2018
Thanks for the replies everyone. I’m in Canada, so I order from 4noggins only. I always seem to get dinged with duties when I order from anyone else. But I will definitely try the Sutliff Elizabethan match from 4noggins.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
If I was ordering from 4noggins exclusively, I just might try a 12oz. bag of the Super Value Natural blend they have on special for $10. Mix that with some blending Perique and you might find it quite satisfactory. Or maybe something from the John Patton line.

Status
Not open for further replies.