PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pensivepiper

Lurker
Dec 29, 2013
Hello everyone!

I make an hour drive about six times a week, and smoking my trusty pipe has become one of my favorite ways to entertain myself on these long trips. However, even with the windows rolled down, my car has begun to smell like stale English smoke, which unfortunately smells like old gym shoes and rotten underwear. My girlfriend and I aren't too fond of this smell, so I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on getting rid of the smell. Right now my regimen is to vacuum my car and wipe down everything with scented wipes. This tends to help, but it doesn't get rid of the smell embedded in the head-liner. Anything else I could do?

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Go to the auto department of your local Walmart and get a can of Ozium (original scent). Another forum member cigarmstr (Harris) uses this product in his car and home. It works well. I think the cost is around $5 a can.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
My wife is the head of the housekeeping dept and periodically brings home one of those machines. The work great! I DOdo my truck twice a year.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
I spray febreeze sometimes, and buy the smokers candles when I see them the ones with the green dot of whatever in the center. the smokers candle works GREAT.

Dec 24, 2012
Tell your girlfriend that sex in the car gets rid of the smoke stench. It's complete bullshit of course, but you might just get lucky.

pensivepiper

Lurker
Dec 29, 2013
Lol Peck, that sounds like a wonderful idea. Combined with the ol' "speakers sound better in the back" trick, that just might work. There are some smoker's candles at my local tobacconist, I will have to try one.

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
So, does anyone know how to quote another user's post?
Damn it man. I'm a pipe smoker, not a web engineer! :puffy:
(press the quote button once copy and paste the quote, then press the quote button again. It adds the brackets with the forward dash, which makes it appear like so above)
On the note of the tobacco scent, I have become to believe that it can only be embraced and not battled.

pensivepiper

Lurker
Dec 29, 2013
Just checking back to give an update on the smell. Ozium was pretty effective, however there was still a stale smoke smell left over. I rented a rug doctor from my local grocer and thoroughly cleaned the carpets, seats, and head liner with it. The smell has been eliminated! So much for getting luck though.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I use ozium and Arm & Hammer for refrig. Change it once a month in the car. Spray ozium after each smoke and leave the A&H in coffee holder in front of console. Seems to work. My wife has best nose in the business and so far no complaints.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I read an article recently that said cigarette odor can be removed from a car by first cleaning and shampooing the seats, carpet and headliner, then placing a towel soaked in vinegar near the ashtrays. I am planning on trying this with the spouse's car, and seeing how that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.